Broken MT-82

Julianc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
julian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 5.0
Soo has anyone dealt with a lockout from 3rd gear every gear works but for some reason it won’t allow me into third, don’t know if the forks not allowing it or not
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP

Julianc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
julian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 5.0
It's probably damaged shift fork, was a common issue. Seeing you have a 2018, check out this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-regarding-busted-1-2-3-4-shift-forks.113062/
Yeah I’ve dealt with the broken forks a couple months back my third and fourth broke but when it did it still allowed it to go into gear while it being broken, but in this case it won’t allow me to move it any forward trying to go into third gear like something is blocking it

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
My car is a 19gt and it all the sudden stopped letting me shift into 3rd gear and reverse. Everything else was fine, I took it to a trans shop and they found the syncros very worn and the shift pads had come off the fork and wedged itself in a way to keep the car from shifting properly. Sounds like it needs to come out

OP
OP

Julianc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
julian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 5.0
My car is a 19gt and it all the sudden stopped letting me shift into 3rd gear and reverse. Everything else was fine, I took it to a trans shop and they found the syncros very worn and the shift pads had come off the fork and wedged itself in a way to keep the car from shifting properly. Sounds like it needs to come out
yeah it’s currently at Ford right now haven’t got any information what it is yet but, sound exactly like that they said it would be a month or two tell I get the car back do to parts being on back order and then being super busy.
Sponsored