Mt-82 shifting problems.

Vlad91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I own a 2018 gt with around 30k miles , first owner etc , one night I was racing with my buddy I was in third gear and once I hit redline it felt really weird , I automatically changed gear into neutral and rolled down , I tried to change the gear while still rolling but it was really difficult but I managed .. next thing is I pulled over and the transmission was making really weird and odd noise , like clanking metal and I felt the transmission move in attempt of changing gears . Every single gear is almost impossible to change to unless I use a lot of force. It wouldn’t let me go into 6th at all with the clutch pressed in all the way parked up . It would also sound like something is grinding . The shifter feels really loose compared to how it was . I was told that I could be the stock clutch or synchros , any idea ? I will be taking the car to Ford to verify since I still have factory warranty.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Shift fork rail or shift fork took a shit and is jamming everything up lol. Common on 18 trans

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A shift fork... and whatever else it(or they) took out inside. Since the transmission has to come out anyway, it can all be fixed. It'd be a good time to replace all plastic parts, and beef up the new forks with full welds before they're installed. Good luck.
Sponsored