Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
  • Banned
Hey everyone,

So I have a 2015 GT Performance Package with the Brembos, original to the car and am just over 80k in miles. I don't perceive any reduction in stopping power but since it happens over time I am sure there is some. The bigger issue is the wear indicators are driving me crazy with squeal at every stop and it is time for a replacement.

I don't like the dust from the Brembos but their performance has been great. Can you guys give recommendations on pads and rotors that will give comparable performance and hopefully be a little cheaper? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Is cheaper a big factor if you only replace them every 80k miles? Brake pads are kinda important, most cheap low dust options are frankly, well, bad at being brake pads compared to the stock Brembo pads which do 90% of the job exceptionally well, they just dust a lot.

I’d recommend factory pads since they’re the best performance if you can live with the dust. If you want a pad that glazes a little easier (bad) and doesn’t bite quite as hard, but definitely dusts less try the GLOC GS1.

OP
OP

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Is cheaper a big factor if you only replace them every 80k miles? Brake pads are kinda important, most cheap low dust options are frankly, well, bad at being brake pads compared to the stock Brembo pads which do 90% of the job exceptionally well, they just dust a lot.

I’d recommend factory pads since they’re the best performance if you can live with the dust. If you want a pad that glazes a little easier (bad) and doesn’t bite quite as hard, but definitely dusts less try the GLOC GS1.
Thanks for the reply. Cheaper is more of a bonus. Brembo makes great stuff but I feel you pay a premium for the brand name. If I can get comparable stopping power with less dust and / or noise, then I don't really care if it costs the same or more. I was under the impression that it is all a tradeoff and that if you want a pad that performs, its going to be loud, dusty, or both.

Mostly I am looking for recommendations and experiences from other members who have swapped out pads and rotors on the PP model.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Cheaper is more of a bonus. Brembo makes great stuff but I feel you pay a premium for the brand name. If I can get comparable stopping power with less dust and / or noise, then I don't really care if it costs the same or more. I was under the impression that it is all a tradeoff and that if you want a pad that performs, its going to be loud, dusty, or both.

Mostly I am looking for recommendations and experiences from other members who have swapped out pads and rotors on the PP model.
The OEM pads for the Brembo Brakes are actually rebranded Ferodo DS2500. With that in mind I know the dust from them especially when new can drive you crazy but this pads are amazing in terms of stopping. So if I was you I would buy them again.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
for street only driving I would choose EBC 'red stuff" about the same stopping with a lot less dust. The only thing you will notice is the initial "Brembo bite" the oem pads have.

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Powerstop Z26 pads...Feels like factory pads w/less dust and a great price.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the dust from the Ferodo is really, really heavy. 200 miles of driving and my gold wheels are chimney black again. It hasn't bothered me enough to switch pads yet.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Powerstop Z26 pads...Feels like factory pads w/less dust and a great price.
And to be perfectly honest a lot easier to get. Can be ordered from American Muscle.

OP
OP

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm reading reviews on the Powerstop and EBC pads. Does anyone have experience or opinion with the Hawk pads?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Only their track pads

Sponsored

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
Hey everyone,

So I have a 2015 GT Performance Package with the Brembos, original to the car and am just over 80k in miles. I don't perceive any reduction in stopping power but since it happens over time I am sure there is some. The bigger issue is the wear indicators are driving me crazy with squeal at every stop and it is time for a replacement.

I don't like the dust from the Brembos but their performance has been great. Can you guys give recommendations on pads and rotors that will give comparable performance and hopefully be a little cheaper? Thanks in advance.
why not try Performance Friction Z rate pads, less dust and equal if not better than Ferodo DS2500.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
And to be perfectly honest a lot easier to get. Can be ordered from American Muscle.
I agree with both these posters. I have these pads on my 16 PP and there was no noticeable difference in performance and significantly reduced brake dust. The cheapest I found them was RockAuto website.

OP
OP

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with both these posters. I have these pads on my 16 PP and there was no noticeable difference in performance and significantly reduced brake dust. The cheapest I found them was RockAuto website.
Cool. What about rotors? I see American Muscle has some great deals on pad / rotor combos but I am leary of aftermarket rotors, and the originals have been amazing. No pulsation ever. Also I notice for the rears, the pad / rotor combo only comes with the Z23 and not the Z26. I suppose I could do the Z26 up front and the Z23 in the rear?
Sponsored