Sponsored

Boss Manifold installation complete

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Anyone got a descriptive writeup DIY to do the Boss?

ll Lund ngauge 93 oct tune, MAK cat delete+xpipe res+muffler delete (yes it's loud), Reische 170 Thermostat,JLT intake, AMR 19" wheels, CJ Pony springs, Blowfish trans bracket, Steeda trans bushing, AM 1"spacers ll
Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
What did you guys figure out with his hose routing?
It's similar to stock. When you take out the stock manifold, you are removing two vacuum lines that are used to open and close the CMCVs. When these are removed, you gain two potential new ports you can plug or move lines around.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
All this talk about vacuum and manifold butterflies brings me back to my old days with the OEM integra GSR manifold. Haha.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
It's similar to stock. When you take out the stock manifold, you are removing two vacuum lines that are used to open and close the CMCVs. When these are removed, you gain two potential new ports you can plug or move lines around.
Seems simple enough

ll Lund ngauge 93 oct tune, MAK cat delete+xpipe res+muffler delete (yes it's loud), Reische 170 Thermostat,JLT intake, AMR 19" wheels, CJ Pony springs, Blowfish trans bracket, Steeda trans bushing, AM 1"spacers ll

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Any updates? I've been kicking around this idea for a while

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Waiting on the dyno chart to compare to your other one

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I know , got called in to a work meltdown yesterday. I have an appointment at 9am on thurs to get it dyno'd. It will be on the same dyno as before, but the last time it was dyno'd the curve was really funky. not sure if it was an issue with the tune, or just an incompetent person at the shop. They didnt really seem to know what they were doing. Either way sorry for the delay, will have the new numbers posted thurs afternoon.

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I understand the pain of crazy work stuff, got sent on a 8 hour drive for a service call yesterday lol can't wait to see the results

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I know , got called in to a work meltdown yesterday. I have an appointment at 9am on thurs to get it dyno'd. It will be on the same dyno as before, but the last time it was dyno'd the curve was really funky. not sure if it was an issue with the tune, or just an incompetent person at the shop. They didnt really seem to know what they were doing. Either way sorry for the delay, will have the new numbers posted thurs afternoon.
Doesnt thate make you nervous? They could jump your car off the dyno. I knew a guy that his car was jumped off a Dyno. Luckily he had no visable damage to the car. He was done after they jumped him off the dyno. Apparently a few days later his engine died from having jumped 2 or 3 teeth in timing. They linked it somehow to the shop. Dunno how they managed that

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Its a dynapack dyno, where they remove ur back wheels and bolt to the dyno. theres only two dyno jets anywhere around here. One of them says they only do imports and refuse to let any domestic cars on their dyno, and the other says they're dyno is booked for 6 weeks for custom tuning.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Its a dynapack dyno, where they remove ur back wheels and bolt to the dyno. theres only two dyno jets anywhere around here. One of them says they only do imports and refuse to let any domestic cars on their dyno, and the other says they're dyno is booked for 6 weeks for custom tuning.
The import shop is afraid you break their dyno lol.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Well, I'll start off by saying that im PISSED! I got my final tune revision back from lund. I was told the rev limiter was set to 8k. I went down to the dyno shop today, spent my $70, and the rev limiter was set to 7k! UGH!!!! Annoying. Considering the whole point was to see if it would keep gaining power from 7k-8k... I guess I'll just contact lund, get another revision, and re dyno it eventually.

ALSO it was the same guy at the dyno again... They were having major issues dynoing it. They said they couldnt do it in 5th gear for some reason. Something with the ratios and their speed limiter? I dunno. I've kinda had it with this place. So this was in 4th gear.

Anywayz here's the numbers up to 7k. It gained about 9 HP. The curve is definitely way better than before, and it definitely lost quite a bit of torque. Take from it what you will.

NOW:

BEFORE:

Sponsored