Sponsored

Boss Manifold installation complete

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
ya, second guessing the whole lund thing... Not sure how he could tell me the rev limiter is at 8k then accidentally only set it at 7... Seems like a pretty big oversite. What does AED use to tune? I just bought the flippin ngauge...
it's a very easy fix, we were shifiting at 8450-8600 last night

aed doesn't come close to having the knowledge on these 2015 cars that lund does

lund has tuned probably 500-1000 of them. vs maybe 5 , 10 etc..

lund will get you dialed in for sure
Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Listen to Beefcake, Lund has put in the work on the 11-15 cars... Sean at AED is a great tuner also. In reality he just recently started tuning the 15 cars... Not 100% sure he has started yet.. When Sean starts tuning on the 15 he will be one of the best.. He has proven his ability with the 11-14 cars.. You should never switch tuners on something as simple as a rev limit adjustment mistake... That is a easy mistake to fix. And a easy mistake to make... Stick with Lund..

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
An overlooked easy fix that cost op a dyno session.
It would be interesting to find out how Shaun compares to a seasoned tuner like Lund.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
With the SCT device when loading a tune you can raise the rev limiter among other things under options if the tuner left the options open.

Does the ngauge have the same ability?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I dont believe so. Lund locks all his tunes. Most well known tuners lock their tunes. They dont want people messing with stuff then getting angry when they blow up their own shit from adjusting stuff. Its also to keep people from copying tunes.

Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
I have a Lund tune and it allows me to change my redline. Currently set mine at 7.3k. Using X4.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Listen to Beefcake, Lund has put in the work on the 11-15 cars... Sean at AED is a great tuner also. In reality he just recently started tuning the 15 cars... Not 100% sure he has started yet.. When Sean starts tuning on the 15 he will be one of the best.. He has proven his ability with the 11-14 cars.. You should never switch tuners on something as simple as a rev limit adjustment mistake... That is a easy mistake to fix. And a easy mistake to make... Stick with Lund..
^What he said. I have a Lund tune and I'm very happy with the power I'm making and the driveability of the car as well. Lund also has great customer service and worked with me to help dial in my car to my spec. I would recommend them 100%. Shaun is almost there with the 15 tunes, at least that's what he told me at the end of last month. I definitely want to do a comparison between the AED and Lund tune since AED is what I wanted initially.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I dont believe so. Lund locks all his tunes. Most well known tuners lock their tunes. They dont want people messing with stuff then getting angry when they blow up their own shit from adjusting stuff. Its also to keep people from copying tunes.
I don't want to derail this thread, but this is not the case. On my 2012 and my 2015 I've had numerous tunes from well known tuners and all of them have been unlocked and allowed me to make changes under the options menu when loading using the SCT X3 and X4.

Just didn't know if it is possible with the Ngauge?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I don't want to derail this thread, but this is not the case. On my 2012 and my 2015 I've had numerous tunes from well known tuners and all of them have been unlocked and allowed me to make changes under the options menu when loading using the SCT X3 and X4.

Just didn't know if it is possible with the Ngauge?
It can be the case and isnt uncommon practice. Just because you havent experienced it doesnt make it less true.:cheers: now if lund doesnt lock his then that would be true. But most tunes ive had on multiple car platforms the tunes are locked.

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
If you lived closer, I'd tune it. I know what I'm doing...

Sponsored

Corey A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This exact intake has been covered by Lund on their dyno. [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Igsrr7dDFVE[/MEDIA]"]Lund Dyno Testing BOSS intake.[/ame]

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Very nice, you can sure see where the power is being made between the two.
Stock- low to mid and boss- mid to high.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think the Boss is the best looking intake for the Mustang.. Especially when you spend the extra $$$ and buy the insulators for the side and under it.. Also the blue coil covers are a nice touch... I here mixed reviews from people on here and SVTP about losing low end... I put it on my 13 with a 85mm TB, Steeda CAI, catless X-pipe, and GT500 axelback... Through the 6 speed and 3.31 gears I ran consistant 11.08 to 11.20's... I had a Lund Tune... Was a very impressive car that hurt a lot of people's feelings... With the right tune the 15 should shine with the better flowing heads..

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You saw the same thing with carb intakes.. Switching a dual plane Edelbrock Performer to a single plane Victor Jr. On the Dyno you lost low rpm torque and horsepower... Like the Boss intake it was minimal.. The upper horsepower gain out weighed the loss. The majority of the 11-14 cars that ran fast times ran the Boss intake. Like the Woodbine Mustang.. I am not saying a stock intake car can't run fast... We see it daily. I do think the people who had negative thoughts about the Boss intake, either did not have their tune dialed in or did not run their car to the upper RPMs to use the extra horsepower the Boss intake was giving them.. Shifting a car at 6500 with a Boss intake is a waste of usable power..

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
besides a tune, what else did you need to make this work? do you need a new throttle body? does the OEM one work? will an existing CAI (JLT, STEEDA, ROUSH) bolt up to this or will there be problems with position?
Sponsored