Sponsored

Boss Manifold installation complete

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
You can't really compare 11-14 trap speeds to the 15s. Lots of guys have run low to mid 120s with them. Several on the stock intake manifold. I think RBS550 is making great headway trying new things out but it is still very early on with the new chassis and engine. I bet in 3 years you'll find that trapping 120 won't seem nearly as difficult as it does now with our cars.
Sponsored

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can't really compare 11-14 trap speeds to the 15s. Lots of guys have run low to mid 120s with them. Several on the stock intake manifold. I think RBS550 is making great headway trying new things out but it is still very early on with the new chassis and engine. I bet in 3 years you'll find that trapping 120 won't seem nearly as difficult as it does now with our cars.
That's very true, and to be honest I know I'm missing a couple tenths based on my current mph. I'm sure once I can get some 3.31s in the back we'll see an improvement. And I'm sure half shafts take more power to operate than good ole axles.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
The Boss Manifold looks bad ass!

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
Yea I'm not knocking you at all man, I was just trying to point out the 11-14 cars have had 4 years to get things figured out. And since the cams and vct are very different on these cars, the tuners are having to start over. Then the chassis is all new, so you have to start from scratch on that as well. It's gonna take trial and error, but it will be worth it of course.

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea I'm not knocking you at all man, I was just trying to point out the 11-14 cars have had 4 years to get things figured out. And since the cams and vct are very different on these cars, the tuners are having to start over. Then the chassis is all new, so you have to start from scratch on that as well. It's gonna take trial and error, but it will be worth it of course.
I didn't think you were knocking me :thumbsup:

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Cams are aren't different, just more aggressive, factory VCT calibration is different, but it's derived from the same engine. Understanding why it does what it does and understanding what happens when you change things helps realize what the engine likes and doesn't like. Tuners aren't really starting over, it's just showing who the real tuners are. Any person can add timing and pull fuel to make power. It's understanding the mechanics of the engine and how to reach maximum volumetric efficiency that truly defines a tuner. Interested to see who else figures it out, doubt many will.

OP
OP
ero 5.0

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
SO I loaded the tune this afternoon and took her for a spin and WOW! I didnt think that I would be able to tell a difference, but the car did feel much stronger. And just as John Lund told me, with the 3.73 gearing I did not notice any loss in low end power whatsoever. The car also sounded louder at WOT, which with my current setup I didnt think was possible. I am extremely pleased with how it drives. I cant wait to strap this thing down on the rollers next week and see what it puts down.

And again a special thanks to kris5597 for helping me out with the install. He was a life saver!!!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
SO I loaded the tune this afternoon and took her for a spin and WOW! I didnt think that I would be able to tell a difference, but the car did feel much stronger. And just as John Lund told me, with the 3.73 gearing I did not notice any loss in low end power whatsoever. The car also sounded louder at WOT, which with my current setup I didnt think was possible. I am extremely pleased with how it drives. I cant wait to strap this thing down on the rollers next week and see what it puts down.

And again a special thanks to kris5597 for helping me out with the install. He was a life saver!!!
:cheers::cheers:

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Subbed

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

That's AWESOME!! :headbang:

Sponsored

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
I totally agree with you kris5597. If you are who I think you are, you were one of the people I was referring to. My point was merely that if you look back to 2012, you didn't see many 11-14 cars trapping 120+ NA. Now it is a lot more common. I believe the same thing will happen with the S550s once people figure the cars out better.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
God dammit. I've been wanting this for months and now I'm going to have to get one I think, and some mounts. Will be interesting to see the power curve based on your previous dyno, even though it's a different day....I hope you're using the same dyno!

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I totally agree with you kris5597. If you are who I think you are, you were one of the people I was referring to. My point was merely that if you look back to 2012, you didn't see many 11-14 cars trapping 120+ NA. Now it is a lot more common. I believe the same thing will happen with the S550s once people figure the cars out better.
Ah gotcha. Sorry for my misinterpretation.

Who exactly do you think I am? Lol

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Ah gotcha. Sorry for my misinterpretation.

Who exactly do you think I am? Lol
What did you guys figure out with his hose routing?
Sponsored