Sponsored

Borla Switchfire 2019 GT review

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Mine is an auto, and it pops, as you heard. The switchfire didn't pop on my '15 manual.
Interesting you say that about manual. What were you running alongside it when you had it on your '15?
The Bullitt exhaust mildly pops and cracks on my '17 Manual so hopefully a Switchfire would enhance it.
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Here what mine (2020 non-active) sounds like. The only mod is the Switchfire.
Is this just with the mid pipe, stock active mufflers?

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Interesting you say that about manual. What were you running alongside it when you had it on your '15?
The Bullitt exhaust mildly pops and cracks on my '17 Manual so hopefully a Switchfire would enhance it.
My 2019 with A10 has the pop during deceleration, but that's OK, sounds like a Formula One Car.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have the switchfire and it pops on my manual 2020 GT. It sounds glorious with the Ford Racing Sport by Borla.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have the switchfire and it pops on my manual 2020 GT. It sounds glorious with the Ford Racing Sport by Borla.
The popping was always their with the Resonator except it muffled the popping. Its all part of having a street driven 12:1 compression motor.

Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I had Flowmaster FlowFX's on the '15. It was one of the quieter versions.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Here's the switchfire on my manual 2015 PP.

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Stopped at the shop and my car is done..springs and headers are installed. Got in and fired it up..and holy moly. Let it idle down, and walked around the back to talk to the owner of the shop and his tech got in and hit the throttle..I was not prepared..bout blew my ear drums out lol. If I could describe it in one word..amazing lol. The Kooks mated to the switch fire just fine, he kept it level but it pulled the switch fire down at the front where it connects to the kooks..since the longtubes are well longer and closer to the ground..he told me there are some clamps I can loosen to try to prop it up a bit more, he just preferred it level even with the switch fire dropped a bit...I might do that not sure yet.. for reference my setup is now Kooks w/green cats to switch fire straight back to the stock active mufflers. I'll get a clip tonight after I get off work and head to pick it up.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Stopped at the shop and my car is done..springs and headers are installed. Got in and fired it up..and holy moly. Let it idle down, and walked around the back to talk to the owner of the shop and his tech got in and hit the throttle..I was not prepared..bout blew my ear drums out lol. If I could describe it in one word..amazing lol. The Kooks mated to the switch fire just fine, he kept it level but it pulled the switch fire down at the front where it connects to the kooks..since the longtubes are well longer and closer to the ground..he told me there are some clamps I can loosen to try to prop it up a bit more, he just preferred it level even with the switch fire dropped a bit...I might do that not sure yet.. for reference my setup is now Kooks w/green cats to switch fire straight back to the stock active mufflers. I'll get a clip tonight after I get off work and head to pick it up.
I think the Kooks with the green cats is the way to go. Let us know how it drives. PS. Do you need a retune? I wouldn't think so but wanted to ask

Sponsored

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I think the Kooks with the green cats is the way to go. Let us know how it drives. PS. Do you need a retune? I wouldn't think so but wanted to ask
Will do, I contacted lund racing and asked John if I needed to have a tune revision done, he said I shouldn't but if for some reason I do just reply back and they would get me taken care of.

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Here it is..I'll have a better video in the next day or two. Its 8pm here so can't go crazy with the neighbors lol

Last edited:

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I had the Magnaflow Tru-X swapped out for the Borla SwitchFire today. The car revs easier and the tone is very complimentary to the active exhaust with a very unique sound. No rasp like you get with a standard x pipe. Low tone and I love how you hear and feel each cylinder fire. 100% zero drone as well. Win-win and I highly recommend it.

Borla.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I bet it sounds great :) Love a low tone.

I had the Magnaflow Tru-X swapped out for the Borla SwitchFire today. The car revs easier and the tone is very complimentary to the active exhaust with a very unique sound. No rasp like you get with a standard x pipe. Low tone and I love how you hear and feel each cylinder fire. 100% zero drone as well. Win-win and I highly recommend it.

Borla.jpg
Sponsored