Sponsored

Borla Switchfire 2019 GT review

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Here is my 2020 with Borla Switchfire and Ford Racing by Borla Sport.

Sponsored

Olly666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 HP
I installed the Switchfire on my 2019 Mustang GT premium PP1 with active exhaust. The sound during exeleration was absolutely a beautiful race car full sound. I have to say I was amazed at not only how it sounded but how I feel my car power band was improved. I really never expected the results I got from just a resonator delete pipe. Worth the money.
Totally agree on that ! If anyone wants to actually hear the difference I recorded both with a Rode Microphone its pretty accurate, I put it up on youtube

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I installed mine last week, and love it. Cold starts make me grin, and I'm starting to wonder if I will even replace the stock mufflers with the Roush axle back.

Did the old windows down tunnel test in a small tunnel we have. Stock wasn't great at all, but now its getting there. My 2019 had a Borla cat back and that thing screamed in the tunnel, but Im not wanting to go that loud this time.

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Totally agree on that ! If anyone wants to actually hear the difference I recorded both with a Rode Microphone its pretty accurate, I put it up on youtube

Odd on the dyno run peak power is not closer to ~7k rpm? Not a big deal just wondering. So many variables in dyno testing anyway.

Olly666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 HP
Odd on the dyno run peak power is not closer to ~7k rpm? Not a big deal just wondering. So many variables in dyno testing anyway.
Yes you are correct the values were still climbing but I got screwed by the dyno place which set the dyno to stop recording around 6.5k. Only realised when I got home, I was too excited for my first time at the dyno.... live and learn !

Sponsored

BigBucksHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Yes you are correct the values were still climbing but I got screwed by the dyno place which set the dyno to stop recording around 6.5k. Only realised when I got home, I was too excited for my first time at the dyno.... live and learn !
Ha yeah live and learn. Guy doesn't exactly look like attention to detail is his calling card. I bet you gained around 12hp at peak and prob pushed that peak out just a bit. I just installed this on my Bullitt and the butt dyno is hard to focus on when it sounds like Ferrari made a NASCAR team.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I got a deal on the Switchfire 67015. Same as 60662 except 3 inch opening at rear. Instructions say only fits Borla AB but exhaust shop can use a reducer? Dimensions are all same except the 3 inch pipe at end. Any help is appreciated.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will work. Just need to use reducers. Found pic on AM site.

Screenshot_20221208-103212_Firefox.jpg

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Still loving mine.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait til Saturday install.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Just adding it to the OEM mufflers was a nice increase, and prob enough for many. Once adding the axle back, it sounds mean and you can hear it from a ways away. Also has the burble and pop in sport mode.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just adding it to the OEM mufflers was a nice increase, and prob enough for many. Once adding the axle back, it sounds mean and you can hear it from a ways away. Also has the burble and pop in sport mode.
I'm staying stock mufflers this time. 2016 gt had TSP LT's no cats, steeda h pipe, FRPP/Borla AB. Way to loud. Really digging the variable exhaust modes.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I'm staying stock mufflers this time. 2016 gt had TSP LT's no cats, steeda h pipe, FRPP/Borla AB. Way to loud. Really digging the variable exhaust modes.

The Switchfire definitely helped with the OEM axle back, but at WOT it gets tinny.
Sponsored