Borla Switchfire 2019 GT review

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I installed the Switchfire on my 2019 Mustang GT premium PP1 with active exhaust. The sound during exeleration was absolutely a beautiful race car full sound. I have to say I was amazed at not only how it sounded but how I feel my car power band was improved. I really never expected the results I got from just a resonator delete pipe. Worth the money.
Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Great choice. I've one on my '20, which I switched over from my '15. The sound's quite different between the two cars. The '15 had the switchfire paired with Flowmaster FlowFX silencers, while the '20 has it paired with stock non-active back boxes. The '20 is much louder.

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Does the switchfire sound more like an x/h in person? Currently running an Bullitt active exhaust on my 17 and looking at doing this as from videos it sounds like it keeps to deep tone of the stock exhaust without making it raspy.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the switchfire sound more like an x/h in person? Currently running an Bullitt active exhaust on my 17 and looking at doing this as from videos it sounds like it keeps to deep tone of the stock exhaust without making it raspy.
Here what mine (2020 non-active) sounds like. The only mod is the Switchfire.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Been waiting to see someone run this resonator with a set of catless long tubes but I dont think anyone has yet.

Sponsored

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Here what mine (2020 non-active) sounds like. The only mod is the Switchfire.
That overrun sounds perfect! Might have just convinced me to buy it :crackup:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Sounds great.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Sounds great.
When I get my car back tomorrow from ford who is doing a 4 wheel alignment, I will take video driving home. My exhaust sounds lower than before, and really helped lower end response.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I get my car back tomorrow from ford who is doing a 4 wheel alignment, I will take video driving home. My exhaust sounds lower than before, and really helped lower end response.
I agree. I felt a noticeable increase in response on both gen 2 and gen 3 engines with this mid pipe. Its series- parallel design likely improves scavenging.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have this on my 20' gt, and I'm getting kooks long tubes with green cats installed saturday..she's gonna be screamin!
Great. Shoot me a PM when you get them on. That is the way I was thinking of going. Good Luck

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My S-type catback, as it has broken in, I seem to hear the pops more. If I am in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th at a decent RPM and the upcoming light turns red and I just left off the gas 100%, it has some nice gurgling and popping now as the car slows down. Didn't seem to do that as obviously. Anyways I like it.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My S-type catback, as it has broken in, I seem to hear the pops more. If I am in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th at a decent RPM and the upcoming light turns red and I just left off the gas 100%, it has some nice gurgling and popping now as the car slows down. Didn't seem to do that as obviously. Anyways I like it.
Is your Stype one of the newer ones that come with the Switchfire?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I bought it in December, it is just the reg xpipe with 3" exhaust from front to back. Not even sure why they act like it has mufflers, its basically straight pipes lol. Anyways. maybe some of the popping is normal behavior of the 6 spd manual, not sure. It shouldn't be anything that needs breaking in either, so maybe it is something to do with warmer outside temps and the behavior of the motor, I dunno. But it sounds good engine breaking, or when you romp it and then let off throttle completely. Auto rev sounds good too.

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought it in December, it is just the reg xpipe with 3" exhaust from front to back. Not even sure why they act like it has mufflers, its basically straight pipes lol. Anyways. maybe some of the popping is normal behavior of the 6 spd manual, not sure. It shouldn't be anything that needs breaking in either, so maybe it is something to do with warmer outside temps and the behavior of the motor, I dunno. But it sounds good engine breaking, or when you romp it and then let off throttle completely. Auto rev sounds good too.
Mine is an auto, and it pops, as you heard. The switchfire didn't pop on my '15 manual.
Sponsored