Borla ATAk fans....

Blizzard_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Good morning! Looking to put on the CAT back Borla ATAk this spring for a few reasons, one being sound of course...lol and the other I want to preserve the original exhaust (don't want to cut out the resonator). Has anyone had experience with it on their car? Is it really as loud as some say? I have active exhaust on my GT350 and videos just don't tell the real story on sound. Any replies would be appreciated! Come on spring!!
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Good morning! Looking to put on the CAT back Borla ATAk this spring for a few reasons, one being sound of course...lol and the other I want to preserve the original exhaust (don't want to cut out the resonator). Has anyone had experience with it on their car? Is it really as loud as some say? I have active exhaust on my GT350 and videos just don't tell the real story on sound. Any replies would be appreciated! Come on spring!!
I’ve not heard it on a 350 but I did test drive a GT with active exhaust with the ATAK system on it. It’s loud but with the active there’s at least levels of loud. In Quiet mode, it’s actually pretty quiet. Normal mode it wakes up a good amount, definitely louder than stock but not over the top. Track was too loud for me and I don’t mind a loud exhaust. The tone is awesome though and the one I drove had the carbon fiber tips which are absolutely gorgeous. Zero drone in the cabin too so it’s perfectly fine for cruising.

Evil Twin GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domingo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I have the Ford Performance cat back made by Borla on my 17 GT350 ,which is the same kit as the Borla Atak system , I have SW long tubes , free flowing cats , and 3” resonators ,and the Ford Performance kit , and is pretty loud with the open valves but it sounds awesome , if I want quiet I just closed the valves and it sounds pretty much stock . You will like the Borla Atak system ……

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I have the ATAK on mine. Coming from a stock exhaust with the resonators it is louder. The closed valves mode is slightly quieter than the factory exhaust with valves open. Open valves is loud and aggressive. The big thing is the tone of the exhaust changes. I can't say I love it completely as I do kind of miss the high pitched high revving sound the factory made. It is now deeper but loud. It is a great exhaust note but it is different from the factory so be ready.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blizzard_350

Blizzard_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Thanks for all the reply so far! I grew up with foxbodys and miss the old two chamber Flowmaster rumble. Hoping to get a bit of that deeper tone back with the ATAk.

Hobdul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Volvo V60 Polestar
I bought a used 2018 with the ATAK exhaust installed. After six months, I wound up keeping the resonator delete aspect of the exhaust and removing the exhaust aft of that. I did this because when I ran track days at extended high rpms, the ATAK would melt the reflectors immediately above the exhaust tips in the lower bumper panel and melted the diff cooler panel as well (making it droop and catch on something on the road, cracking it)

Re: sound, I prefer the OEM exhaust with resonator delete (so basically an R exhaust setup). The ATAK was louder overall, but the biggest volume difference was that the ATAK was still pretty loud in normal mode, whereas the OEM exhaust gets a lot quieter there.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
I can't speak to GT350 land but i just put the ford performance borla exhaust on my GT with the resonator it's way too quiet IMO. Had the resonator delete and factory exhaust and it sounded really good just not enough tone for me.
Now i have a lot of tone but next to no volume. I'll be cutting the resonator off maybe this weekend. Was a used kit i bought off a forum member so I kept the resonator to make sure it wasn't too loud. No active exhaust here.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I bought a used 2018 with the ATAK exhaust installed. After six months, I wound up keeping the resonator delete aspect of the exhaust and removing the exhaust aft of that. I did this because when I ran track days at extended high rpms, the ATAK would melt the reflectors immediately above the exhaust tips in the lower bumper panel and melted the diff cooler panel as well (making it droop and catch on something on the road, cracking it)

Re: sound, I prefer the OEM exhaust with resonator delete (so basically an R exhaust setup). The ATAK was louder overall, but the biggest volume difference was that the ATAK was still pretty loud in normal mode, whereas the OEM exhaust gets a lot quieter there.
This is very interesting, have never heard of such issues. Will keep an eye on those areas. Thank you.