Sponsored

ATAK...A Borla Story!

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yeah. I think mine started popping and snapping within the first 800-1000 miles. One day it was just kinda loud while kicking over 2k on downshifts, the next I was scaring the crap out of people every single time with huge bangs and pops. When it changed, it was very abrupt at times. It's been about the same now since 1800-2000 miles, and I don't expect it to change any more. I'm glad I'm not the only one out here that noticed this.

Just out of curiosity, how many miles did you have on the car when you put the exhaust on?
Same here, the pops just started one day. I had 10k on the car when I did the FP exhaust. It had a resonator delete on before.
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I put mine on around 3,200ish, I think. But I also previously had ~2,000 miles with a resonator delete as well; so that may explain why mine doesn't seem to have changed as much...maybe.

I have one exit ramp in town that's fairly wide, a climbing right hander, with taller than average concrete barrier things up both sides almost the full length of the exit ramp. I will go miles out of the way just get on the freeway using this ramp. I get used to the sound and volume and most times forget how evil it really sounds...but this drive is a great reminder. It's amazing! Absolutely love it.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I love the sound of mine as well. Broke in and got a little louder. Crackles and pops but I love it. Only other option for me would be catless headers and stock exhaust.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Anyone heard the ATAK with a set of long tubes, catted or otherwise? I kinda want to do headers and a tune but I don't want it to be obnoxious or sound bad.

Sammyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 5.0 COUPE
Anyone heard the ATAK with a set of long tubes, catted or otherwise? I kinda want to do headers and a tune but I don't want it to be obnoxious or sound bad.
You guys that had the resonator delete or Shifteck prior to getting the ATAK, how would you describe the in cabin volume? Is it the about the same volume with better sound and is it louder? Seems like normal mode with the ATAK is louder which I would welcome.

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I may be interested in this as well. Whats the cost of the ATAK system?

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
If you buy direct from Borla it's $2300 and some change. Third party vendors like American Muscle and LMR sell it for a hair over 2k. I would get it from AM because it ships fast (normal stuff is next day, my exhaust was 2 day), they always have coupon codes for 10% off, and their return policy is pretty good if for some reason it gets damaged in shipping. I think I paid $2030 with shipping at AM. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
If you buy direct from Borla it's $2300 and some change. Third party vendors like American Muscle and LMR sell it for a hair over 2k. I would get it from AM because it ships fast (normal stuff is next day, my exhaust was 2 day), they always have coupon codes for 10% off, and their return policy is pretty good if for some reason it gets damaged in shipping. I think I paid $2030 with shipping at AM. It's expensive, but it's worth it.
Thanks. I'll prob do that after the watson 4 point roll bar then. I would still like to do catted long tube headers beforehand though.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Reread my original story; I think I covered most of that. But I understand everyone's perceptions of sound varies. Yes, I think overall, normal mode on the ATAK is louder/deeper/better quality sound than normal mode stock. Overall, in normal mode, rpm, etc, the in-cab experience is not changed enough IMO to be a source to make a decision on. You can certainly hear the difference and if forced at gun point, I'd say it is louder inside.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Meraki will smoke that "hair over $2K" and that includes phenomenal shipping. Had mine in two days from him also.

Sponsored

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Meraki will smoke that "hair over $2K" and that includes phenomenal shipping. Had mine in two days from him also.
I wish I had known about him when I bought it initially. Oh well, it was still worth the money to me.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Let us know when you're ready. Best deals and fast shipping (if its in stock at the time).

:)

-Josh

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Did you notice a vast difference in sound from the resonator delete coming over to the FP Borla system? What style of delete was it, just a straight pipe replacement or a particular brand like Lethal or Corsa x pipe? I am trying to decide if I should go FP or Corsa double helix. I have narrowed down to them. I like both but huge difference in cost between them and of course I keep my stock system intact with the FP cat back.

Same here, the pops just started one day. I had 10k on the car when I did the FP exhaust. It had a resonator delete on before.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Corsa is a gimmick dude. Do not pay the money for that. ShifTech or Lethal.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did you notice a vast difference in sound from the resonator delete coming over to the FP Borla system? What style of delete was it, just a straight pipe replacement or a particular brand like Lethal or Corsa x pipe? I am trying to decide if I should go FP or Corsa double helix. I have narrowed down to them. I like both but huge difference in cost between them and of course I keep my stock system intact with the FP cat back.
I came from a single X-pipe/res delete. The volume really didn't change much from the inside, from the outside it seems to be louder. The real change was the tone. The FP system is smoother down low and screams more up top. I also noticed that I got more pops/bangs with the FP system once it was broken in. The only downside (if you consider it a downside) is that you loose some of that voodoo choppy rasp in the 3k-4k rpm range with the FP system.The car does seem to pull a little harder at the top half of the rpm range, could just be a placebo effect tho, lol. If you're looking for the best bang for the buck, get the res delete. Having said that, I'm very happy with the FP system and glad I spent the extra $$ for it.

Here is me leaving a C&C event...I'm at the 8:05 mark

I got on it through 1st and second. I've got a few other sound clips of the system on my Instagram @FP350 if you want to check those out too.
Sponsored

Last edited: