Borla Atak VS Stock R Mufflers

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R
I got the Borla Atak exhaust system lying around. Nearly brand new. DM me if interested.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Check with Josh @Meraki Autoworks That's where I got my system and usually get all my big ticket items. Great prices and service.

At least publicly advertised that I have seen, any of the HFC options that failed were on track Not saying they're aren't others and not saying this makes it OK. Some of those failures and where/how they just completely cracked in half is amazing. Like downright crazy. Have heard of some poor fitment issues with the FabSpeed. I think the Fabspeed cracked in half and it wasn't even at a weld.

BLine's work is just simply gorgeous. Cannot beat the quality. Expectation is their in-house made cats will be quite nice.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
still sounds like unnecessary work , Cali sucks with emissions I miss living in Texas šŸ˜….

Iā€™m thinking about getting myself one , I shouldā€™ve bought it a while
Back when American muscle had some available šŸ˜¤
Yeah I got a pretty good deal from Jake at Lethal Performance earlier this year. Could not pass it up, but I've also have been a Borla fan for years. The acoustic technology used is impressive and not an exhaust system or components built just to be loud. I had some Borla XR-1 race mufflers with long tubes and high flow catted pipes on a built engine Dodge Magnum SRT-8 and that car sounded amazing!

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Check with Josh @Meraki Autoworks That's where I got my system and usually get all my big ticket items. Great prices and service.

At least publicly advertised that I have seen, any of the HFC options that failed were on track Not saying they're aren't others and not saying this makes it OK. Some of those failures and where/how they just completely cracked in half is amazing. Like downright crazy. Have heard of some poor fitment issues with the FabSpeed. I think the Fabspeed cracked in half and it wasn't even at a weld.

BLine's work is just simply gorgeous. Cannot beat the quality. Expectation is their in-house made cats will be quite nice.
Thank you! Always a pleasure working with you.

-Josh

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I don't like the attak systems....its louder noise than tuned sound. A friend had it on his 14 camaro ss, and I thought it sounded atrocious! He's a very young 21 or 22,and like most of us when we were young and dumb, thinks that noise equals power. I told him he'll understand in a few years.
Another friend has an 05 gt that did cams on, and it doesnt sound bad....just way to loud! Like standing outside while idling can't have a conversation.
Just my observations and opinions.

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Of the few options available (most are aware of the two companies which offer HFC systems) many, not all, are failing/blowing out. These systems are $1500.00 upwards towards $3000.00 shipped. Also factor in a possible CEL, although rare, it can happen. I was going to go this route and save for one, but I have changed my mind and purchased a used Borla ATAK system which I will try to match up with the Corsa Helix double XX already on the car. I want it louder but not willing to spend $3000.00 and see it possibly fail.
Let me know how this turns out. Exactly what I wanna do. I have the corsa double x resonator delete on my 2016gt350 I wanna add borla atak to it as well. Did it work out? If so what was needed how does it sound.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Let me know how this turns out. Exactly what I wanna do. I have the corsa double x resonator delete on my 2016gt350 I wanna add borla atak to it as well. Did it work out? If so what was needed how does it sound.
Let us know if we can get you taken care of with the Borla.

-Josh
Sponsored