Borla Atak VS Stock R Mufflers

Sssorry350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jess
Vehicle(s)
350R
how much louder are the borla attack mufflers versus the stock gt350R mufflers? Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on a cat-back.

BE9B09DA-C392-4143-9483-1261825E55BE.jpeg
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There is no R muffler. There is only a GT350 muffler. They are louder in both modes. I also took the resonators out (so it would be the equivalent of your stock exhaust). The sound is very very very similar IMO, which isn't a bad thing obviously.. Hard to describe actually. I like it. Happy with it. Don't regret it. Would I do it again? Probably not. But that is only based upon bang for the buck. Even though it's louder and sounds great, meh, don't know if it's $2K so.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
There is no R muffler. There is only a GT350 muffler. They are louder in both modes. I also took the resonators out (so it would be the equivalent of your stock exhaust). The sound is very very very similar IMO, which isn't a bad thing obviously.. Hard to describe actually. I like it. Happy with it. Don't regret it. Would I do it again? Probably not. But that is only based upon bang for the buck. Even though it's louder and sounds great, meh, don't know if it's $2K so.
You would be much better off leaving the factory exhaust and just adding in high flow cats.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You would be much better off leaving the factory exhaust and just adding in high flow cats.
Of the few options available (most are aware of the two companies which offer HFC systems) many, not all, are failing/blowing out. These systems are $1500.00 upwards towards $3000.00 shipped. Also factor in a possible CEL, although rare, it can happen. I was going to go this route and save for one, but I have changed my mind and purchased a used Borla ATAK system which I will try to match up with the Corsa Helix double XX already on the car. I want it louder but not willing to spend $3000.00 and see it possibly fail.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sssorry350

Sssorry350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jess
Vehicle(s)
350R
The Borla is loud. Just threw up a cold start video.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdT1A7eo/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdT1HmjK/

It's not obnoxious, but loud. I'd say it's perfect. You definitely hear it coming down the road.
Of the few options available (most are aware of the two companies which offer HFC systems) many, not all, are failing/blowing out. These systems are $1500.00 upwards towards $3000.00 shipped. Also factor in a possible CEL, although rare, it can happen. I was going to go this route and save for one, but I have changed my mind and purchased a used Borla ATAK system which I will try to match up with the Corsa Helix double XX already on the car. I want it louder but not willing to spend $3000.00 and see it possibly fail.
my car is still under warranty so I donā€™t wanna mess with the cats just yet but Iā€™ll look into it. If you donā€™t keep the Borla Iā€™ll most likely take it off your hands. šŸ˜Ž

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
my car is still under warranty so I donā€™t wanna mess with the cats just yet but Iā€™ll look into it. If you donā€™t keep the Borla Iā€™ll most likely take it off your hands. šŸ˜Ž
There are two options for high flow cats. B-Line motorsports (300 cell count and they make in house to handle even boosted applications compared to their previous Gen 1 high-flow cats that were not made in house), or Fabspeed 200 cell count High Flow cats. These are about $1000 more expensive than the B-Line but utilize the best HJS cats from Germany. Both of these applications do not have CEL's - you run into this in applications without cats. As far as this compared to the Borla you will not pick up any gains from the Borla compared to the high flow cats (cats are the limiting factor for the factory exhaust - heads are ported from factory). I have never been a fan of borla x pipes as they look poorly designed, but if you wanted to use Corsa with the factory mufflers I again don't see the point in time/effort for only this.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
There are two options for high flow cats. B-Line motorsports (300 cell count and they make in house to handle even boosted applications compared to their previous Gen 1 high-flow cats that were not made in house), or Fabspeed 200 cell count High Flow cats. These are about $1000 more expensive than the B-Line but utilize the best HJS cats from Germany. Both of these applications do not have CEL's - you run into this in applications without cats. As far as this compared to the Borla you will not pick up any gains from the Borla compared to the high flow cats (cats are the limiting factor for the factory exhaust - heads are ported from factory). I have never been a fan of borla x pipes as they look poorly designed, but if you wanted to use Corsa with the factory mufflers I again don't see the point in time/effort for only this.
From my understanding the OP is looking for more volume not HP/TQ gains. Both options have experienced failures. The most expensive one is the most disappointing since they make them for high end super cars. They have failed on the street and at the track, which was reported by one of the first buyers, just a few weeks after his install. Both advertise if you experience CEL's to call them to work out a solution, so the possibility is there. No one has reported if they will pass emissions testing so far. They probably will but might not as well. They main thing w/ both of them is more sound, more hp/tq, no tune needed and reported to not cause CEL's. But would advise against them because of the cost and failures. Too much to have them fail, especially weeks later after install. No excuse for that at all given a price tag of $3k.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Also Hiflow cats are illegal in CA, computer would probably pick up then changes and could mess up SMOG.

Borla mufflers always sound good.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
I went with the Ford Performance/Borla manufactured kit...I have no regrets, deeper sound but not ridiculous...saved some weight over stock as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sssorry350

Sssorry350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jess
Vehicle(s)
350R
Thanks , but Iā€™m not looking for HP gains Iā€™m pretty good with the car as is , Iā€™m asking more about sound. I donā€™t think corsa comes with a valved option so thatā€™s a no go for me.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
I do not...sorry

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Only ones that are probably gong to live for a long time will be the Fabspeed setup with the HJS cats that are an easy $1500 for just the cats.

1628012696968.png

Just under $3k. They claim 18hp I believe but over 25 lb/ft of torque. I think the Borla ATAK would sound awesome on the GT350.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Also Hiflow cats are illegal in CA, computer would probably pick up then changes and could mess up SMOG.

Borla mufflers always sound good.

The good news is the cats are a bolt on not welded to the header like the Coyotes.
Sponsored