Bored of my GT

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
…”feels slow” and “slow” are very different 😂. This only applies to 18+ manual cars, BTW.
My car felt slow down low until my e85 tune. Really picked up the lower end
Sponsored

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
I have to agree with the ESS supercharger group.

I'm ignoreing the itch to do the basic bolt on's in favor of just getting the blower this spring.( I did however do a 93/flex/E85 tune)

By the time I added up the cost of the run of the mill bolt on's. It's withen very reasonable rprice ange of the ESS 2 kit.

Plus darn near every mustang around here has every bolt on. But only a very small amount have put on a blower.

NoCo302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
I get bored with cars easily. Usually looking for perfection rather than enjoying what I have. Having owned many different cars they can all be boring but a super charged Mustang is tough to beat for the money. I never enjoyed auto cross it's probably some of the crowd it attracts more than the driving. May never get there but would love to own a 911 before my fun car days are over.

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So you're saying staying N/A and changing gears will be faster and make a bigger difference than keeping his gears and boosting it?... lol
🤦 what a statement 😂 car be slow FI...

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Even with a positive displacement type supercharger? Surprising.
No, he's exaggerating. You'll still be faster than 90% of vehicles on the road. "Slow" is relative. Once you've gotten into sub-9 second cars, blown Stangs (or blown anything) will feel "slow" because everything feels slow compared to a race car.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Modifying can get very expensive and frustrating. I've spent way more than I planned after modifying my car, like 35-40k more than I planned (only like 20k planned), because I broke a cam cap and some piston skirts and had to get an aluminator and my heads redone new cams etc. Then my transmission broke , and now I may have another problem.... At this point I have more money into this car than a tesla plaid , and its still not as fast as one.

If I knew all this shite was going to happen id probably have just got a porsche or plaid and kept it stock.
But then you'd be in a Tesla and you could only get your coffee in soy form.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
No, he's exaggerating. You'll still be faster than 90% of vehicles on the road. "Slow" is relative. Once you've gotten into sub-9 second cars, blown Stangs (or blown anything) will feel "slow" because everything feels slow compared to a race car.
true. My yellow 94 Mustang was going 150s in the quarter in the mid 90s. A blown A10 will also ruin you. Lol

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think the Mustang's principle issue is that it drives so easily on a daily basis that you start to stop noticing how much power it actually has compared to most cars, and how fun it is when you do get to mess around. It becomes somewhat normalized. More raw sports cars sacrifice so much in livability you probably won't drive them enough to get bored of them.

Personally, the sound and enjoyment of going through the gears makes the Mustang a keeper for me. But having a mundane, boring Taurus daily driver definitely helps appreciate the Mustang more for its fun qualities instead of getting used to them.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
ice445 wrote: Personally, the sound and enjoyment of going through the gears makes the Mustang a keeper for me.

ABSOLUTELY !

Question: I am the same way, city-driving the speed limit, shifting and enjoying the sound of recovering the RPMs [with a 2023 GT 3.55 rear end ] would a 3.73 upgrade add to the experience [namely RPM recovery related exhaust sound ] or not so much [not enough to go through the cost and trouble to upgrade]?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
ice445 wrote: Personally, the sound and enjoyment of going through the gears makes the Mustang a keeper for me.

ABSOLUTELY !

Question: I am the same way, city-driving the speed limit, shifting and enjoying the sound of recovering the RPMs [with a 2023 GT 3.55 rear end ] would a 3.73 upgrade add to the experience [namely RPM recovery related exhaust sound ] or not so much [not enough to go through the cost and trouble to upgrade]?
3.73 isnt worth it but 4.09 is. You'll need tuning to make the computer happy though.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Every car can get boring, which is exactly why you need at least three different sports cars at all times :)
And a few stout motorcycles.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And a few stout motorcycles.
I have a single, v-twin, parallel twin, triple, in-line 4, and v-4 all on the shop floor. Ecoboost mustang, GT Mustang, Audi v8, Challenger v8 - all stick of course.

My love of 'variety is the spice of life' does not extend to slush boxes, even if it comes with 797HP (Challenger Redeye) or a Corvette name plate.

Last edited: