GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’ve done some basic performance mods.
I have LTH, Exhaust, CAI, and a tune. But I’m bored of it. I’m making about 450rwhp and I’m used to it now. The car is really loud with the valves open and that’s been the only thing that makes it fun to drive at the moment.

I already have suspension parts installed.

Supercharger or Turbos are out of the picture right now because they’re $8-10k. What else can I do to my car to get some more power, or just a lot more fun? E85 is pretty far from where I live so I can’t do E85.

I was considering Nitrous because it’s only about a grand. Anyone else plateaued with their car?
Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Swapping your rear gears and adding an MGW shifter is a game changer with the mt-82D4.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I just did the same mods to mine, I still am getting used to the new power but I like you am sure I will get used to it and want more eventually. Gotta get more tire first, I've got Nitto 555 G2's and they just spin from a dig terrible. Will probably do new tires and maybe some suspension first (sway bars for sure). I can get E85 fairly easy locally but when I travel I am scared I will not find any, but I can switch back to 93 if I have to... Only way to go is boost at this point, but all the other mods are VERY expensive. OPG, crank sprocket, half shafts, drive shaft, etc. The list never ends LOL..

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
ESS G2 Kit... $5,455.00 w/ everything you need besides tuning. Sounds better than $8-10k.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Your car will still be slow with a blower. I’ve had 3 blowers on my MT-82D4’s all with 3.55’s and they were still dogs down low. Trust me on the gear change. Oh and run NittoR2’s on the back for traction.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Your car will still be slow with a blower. I’ve had 3 blowers on my MT-82D4’s all with 3.55’s and they were still dogs down low. Trust me on the gear change. Oh and run NittoR2’s on the back for traction.
Even with a positive displacement type supercharger? Surprising.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying staying N/A and changing gears will be faster and make a bigger difference than keeping his gears and boosting it?... lol

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
So you're saying staying N/A and changing gears will be faster and make a bigger difference than keeping his gears and boosting it?... lol
If you read it that way then no sense in replying back.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve done some basic performance mods.
I have LTH, Exhaust, CAI, and a tune. But I’m bored of it. I’m making about 450rwhp and I’m used to it now. The car is really loud with the valves open and that’s been the only thing that makes it fun to drive at the moment.

I already have suspension parts installed.

Supercharger or Turbos are out of the picture right now because they’re $8-10k. What else can I do to my car to get some more power, or just a lot more fun? E85 is pretty far from where I live so I can’t do E85.

I was considering Nitrous because it’s only about a grand. Anyone else plateaued with their car?
Go ahead and hit it with a 150 shot and see how you like that. It will actually cost a little more than a grand though, as you will want a good controller, heater and purge kit.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Even with a positive displacement type supercharger? Surprising.
Yep. Had a Vortech on my 22GT and swapped it for a Whipple. Still slow. Had a 23GT Whipple/Fore/Lund e85 3.25 pulley. Still slow. The play is gear change then blower.

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep. Had a Vortech on my 22GT and swapped it for a Whipple. Still slow. Had a 23GT Whipple/Fore/Lund e85 3.25 pulley. Still slow. The play is gear change then blower.

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg
Did you ever make any 1/4 mile hits with the blowers and NA with the gear swap? if so, what ET and MPH did you see with each combination? What gear dod you switch to and what gear did you trap in with/without the gear?

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
If you're bored of your GT ( like i am with my mach)with 450rwhp anything short of a Supercharger or turbos you won't be happy. I'm thinking whipple but ess g2 sounds like a great alternative

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_5082.jpeg

IMG_4326.jpeg
Honestly doesn't surprise me too much now that I think about it. When i test drove my '23 with 3.55s i was surprised how pokey it was. It was July though and over 100 degrees so it was pulling a ton of timing, plus you know dealers are pumping 87 gas. Plus I was used to my Miata which is very short gearing and a tin can weight wise so doesn't take much to get it going.

But even in cooler weather and 91 octane it's not gonna snap my neck at lower RPM

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Did you ever make any 1/4 mile hits with the blowers and NA with the gear swap? if so, what ET and MPH did you see with each combination? What gear dod you switch to and what gear did you trap in with/without the gear?
…no track times. I’ve only done NA/gear swaps in my previous gen’s. My experience and recommendations come from the many combinations I’ve had throughout years. My current car is a 24 GTPP which has 3.73 gears (stock tune of course) and “seat of the pants” feels so much better than my other 18+ manuals. My ‘21 & 22 Mach 1’s felt faster (3.73 & bettter trans gearing) than my e85 tuned NA 22GT. Obviously a boosted car is faster. But thats not an option for the OP. My point is: the torque suffers with the gearing even with the added top end. Would a VMP ODIN hit a little harder, yes (had one on my 22A10) but it would still lack down low with those gears.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
If you're bored of your GT ( like i am with my mach)with 450rwhp anything short of a Supercharger or turbos you won't be happy. I'm thinking whipple but ess g2 sounds like a great alternative
Ess/Vortech just for the sounds and cost savings. Your car will sound like a Mach 1 jet fighter just cruising down the road.
Sponsored