Boot lid seam corrosion/rust help

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Elkins Ford in Westbury and Peter Stirland in Hungerford - sadly not on your doorstep! There was somebody on here a while ago praising a dealer in Nottingham, but I cannot remember which thread, or dealer, which is obviously really useful!
Cheers

Car is booked in tomorrow at Loughborough, so we will soon have another dealer to add to either the good or bad list. Lets hope its the good one!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Cheers

Car is booked in tomorrow at Loughborough, so we will soon have another dealer to add to either the good or bad list. Lets hope its the good one!
sandicliffe ?

if so i can already answer that one for you.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Cheers

Whatever you do don't mention hinch - they may think you are part of the same conspiracy

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
man give it a rest you guys lol. Beginning to sound like a lot of the yanks that argue over size of the pixels on their screens. we drive a muscle car, a RHD muscle car so it's a good day to be alive :fistbump:

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
sandicliffe ?

if so i can already answer that one for you.
Doh. Will see if my experience differs.

I dont see how they can deny this, feels so cut and dried, they dont have a leg to stand on....

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Get rid of it.
these things are nothing but trouble to own. oil line failures. evap core failures. water leaks. drivline vinbrations. shite chinese gearboxes.
get shot and buy a proper muscle car with a pushrod motor
oh look our chevy loving stalker is back. Dude, do you need a hug?šŸ¤—

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
believe what you think i can't help it being wrong.

there's 2 people above in this very thread who are about to add yet 2 more dealerships and their shit bodyshops to the list of bodge it and scarper or spout bullshit and not fix it. bearing in mind over 30 years i've had mostly fords the quality and standard of the dealerships from cornwall to newcastle has dropped so far that these days you're better off buying from a pikey you get better service. couple that with ford head office threatening to take me to court if i don't accept their shoddy workmanship.
Ford's service levels are most as bad as your grammar. Learn to use a comma dude!

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not trying to stoke the fire here, but there seems to be something weird going on with Ford ā€™approvedā€™ body shops.
Loads of Ford dealers near me, loads with body shops, all have advised me they are no longer Ford ā€˜approvedā€™ and therefore canā€™t do warranty (body) work .

So the biggest Uk brand thinks itā€™s acceptable for a customer to make a 4 hour round trip (Newcastle to Leeds) just to assess if they will honour their anti corrosion warranty.

Have to say Iā€™m with Hinch, you couldnā€™t make it up!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to stoke the fire here, but there seems to be something weird going on with Ford ā€™approvedā€™ body shops.
Loads of Ford dealers near me, loads with body shops, all have advised me they are no longer Ford ā€˜approvedā€™ and therefore canā€™t do warranty (body) work .

So the biggest Uk brand thinks itā€™s acceptable for a customer to make a 4 hour round trip (Newcastle to Leeds) just to assess if they will honour their anti corrosion warranty.

Have to say Iā€™m with Hinch, you couldnā€™t make it up!
According to the website you have Lookers Ford in Newcastle and Middlesborough and Stoneacre in York closer than the Leeds site. Not sure if these are still approved or not but as they are main dealers I assume they are ?

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
To the OP..

DO NOT accept a repair of this corrosion. There is no way on Earth they can get in that seam and repair it properly. All they can do is remove the corrosion, paint it then apply new seam sealer. If they do this the corrosion WILL come back.. guaranteed, only next time it will probably bubble up through the top?

Demand a new boot lid, or even a good used one and also demand a good injection of wax from inside the boot lid.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
To the OP..

DO NOT accept a repair of this corrosion. There is no way on Earth they can get in that seam and repair it properly. All they can do is remove the corrosion, paint it then apply new seam sealer. If they do this the corrosion WILL come back.. guaranteed, only next time it will probably bubble up through the top?

Demand a new boot lid, or even a good used one and also demand a good injection of wax from inside the boot lid.
Whatever happened to asking nicely ? :like:

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
To the OP..

At the moment the dealer i bought the car from are in talks with the ford garage and it looks like they have confirmed its a known issue and will be replacing it with a new boot under warranty.

They also checked the aluminium panels but there are no issues there. Need 100% confirmation but looking positive.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Whatever happened to asking nicely ? :like:
I'm sorry, but I have found this does not work these days, certainly in my neck of the woods.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry, but I have found this does not work these days, certainly in my neck of the woods.
Mmmmmm

As a business owner 'demanding' clients / customers go to the bottom of the pile. Those that are nice get the best response from us.
Sponsored