• Not to Boost it

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters

CrwdKlr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for One!
Who covers mods? This is news to me. Granted there are some niche insurance companies that cover kit cars, mods, and the such but I haven't heard of any national company cover anything more than what you bought at the dealership.
Ask your agent about an add on policy. I have one on mine, its like $20 a month thru Travelers, and if anything ever happens, everything I've done to the car is covered on top of the car itself. Cheap insurance in my book.
Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ask your agent about an add on policy. I have one on mine, its like $20 a month thru Travelers, and if anything ever happens, everything I've done to the car is covered on top of the car itself. Cheap insurance in my book.
You guys can also check out agreed value insurance if your driving record is nice and clean. A lot of those kind of insurers are very picky. They dont really wanna insure a 100k build that someone wrecks next week street racing. Not to mention covering something that illiquid and expensive carries a lot of fraud risk. Pour $100k in a car and get offered $30k for it when you're down on your luck? May be tempting to have it get "stolen".

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
0% interest here as well. I say mod the hell out of it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I got $5k of aftermarket equipment coverage through Progressive. Not too much extra cost for it.

Over $5k they will cover too, but then you have to Choose a "determined value" for your car in total, rather than what they calculate for the car plus mods. That got a little complicated for me and I didn't want to get into doing all that, so I stuck with $5k of coverage. I figure if I get hit in the front that should cover most of the blower and/or intercooler, if I get hit in the rear it should cover most of my sound system.

All major insurance companies will not cover "aftermarket performance mods". But from what I've read they will sometimes cover it when the accident occurs but then cancel your policy.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Both my boosted mustangs were financed, the one i'm in now is financed with a Procharged D1x. if anything ever happened i can remove the pc set up in an afternoon.. boost it man or you will miss all the fun..

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
mines boosted and financed 0% tho

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I saved up cash to pay for mine in full, and then took enough of that cash to pay for the Whipple and put the rest down on the car. So essentially I financed the Whipple at sub 2% because I found the car I was looking for and didn't want to wait any longer.

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yea man as long as you can afford to fix your own shot

tcclindy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krazy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Mine had 5000 miles on it when I put my Whipple on, yes it’s financed, have 15000 miles on it now and not a single regret or problem with the car, I hammer it too, but I don’t track the car it’s a daily driver.

UHOH5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 PP1
My Mustang is financed but i got a really good rate. I used my Credit card to purchase my blower and then spent the rewards money from the blower purchase on my Jeep. Life is short and I'm a happy guy.

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Boost it. Be prepared to pay to fix it if it breaks, but like stated above, if you go with a known good, safe setup you will most likely have no issues. Just be smart about it, don't abuse the setup and enjoy it. The fact is the Warranty goes away with boost, aside from the Warranty that the kit may offer/come with, although they have strings attached and usually only offer 1/2 of the original 5yr 60k OEM powertrain warranty, but it would be a little peace of mind if you want something to help you out if something bad does happen.

Supercharged__5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I bought my car about 5 months after getting my first job out of college, and needless to say I had to finance it. I saved up for about three months and installed the supercharger as soon as I could afford the kit and supporting mods to go with it. Best thing I ever did. Life is too short. If you can afford the monthly payments, afford the mods, and afford to fix it when it breaks (it will haha) then go for it! So many people spend their entire lives saving, but you can't use your money when your dead!