Sponsored

Boosting 5.0 with GT350 intake

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about something now that the GT350 intake is being offered by Ford Performance. Has anyone ran a supercharger/turbo like Procharger through a GT350 intake on top of the 5.0 engine yet? I'm wondering if it out performs the Roush supercharger system.

Some clarification on my question. From what I have read, on a stock engine, the Roush system is the highest performing supercharger. Granted, you can do something crazy like put 15# boost on another supercharger and get better numbers, just what I have seen is Procharger comes up short for the same amount of boost. I very well may be wrong, that is the basis of my question.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sir, before you get roasted like a rotisserie chicken I'll just say the Roush, by far, is not the top dog on a stock motor.

Whipple, Ken Belle, Procharger and Paxton/Vortech all do a helluva lot better at the same boost levels.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
No..just no.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Alrighty then... that went south though more pleasant than expected.

So perhaps a revision to my ask... when it comes to superchargers mounted on the engine like Roush vs superchargers mounted in front with a GT350 intake, what would perform better?

<dons flame resistant suit and braces for impact>

Last edited:

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I do believe there is one member who has the 350 IM with a procharger but I haven't seen a dyno sheet yet. But, considering the 350 IM allows you run higher RPM without a resulting drop in torque and plateau of hp like the stock GT IM does it leads one to think the HP numbers will be higher.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Alrighty then... that went south though more pleasant than expected.

So perhaps a revision to my ask... when it comes to superchargers mounted on the engine like Roush vs superchargers mounted in front with a GT350 intake, what would perform better?

<dons flame resistant suit and braces for impact>
All depends on your goals and how you like your torque curves. To answer your original question, [MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] has used the Holley manifold with FI.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
I will be adding a GT350 intake to my Procharger setup at some point but that is after my drivetrain upgrades.

The power my Procharger system is putting down is a lot of fun. Every time I stomp on the gas I giggle like a school girl. ;) Tires and stock transmission are not as happy.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I will be adding a GT350 intake to my Procharger setup at some point but that is after my drivetrain upgrades.

The power my Procharger system is putting down is a lot of fun. Every time I stomp on the gas I giggle like a school girl. ;) Tires and stock transmission are not as happy.
The school girl comment made me laugh, not many muscle car guys would admit that. Good job. :)

You are pretty much where I want to go with this. Reason I'm asking is because I was thinking of the GT350 intake for now and hold off on boosting the car. But if it isn't worth the investment once I go with a supercharger/turbo kit, I'd rather just skip over the intake upgrade.

To answer the above points, I'm looking for a Corvette killer (it would be nice to stay with my friends AMG or Ferrari but I don't see that ever happening). I'm already looking at suspension and think I have what I want there. Due to the extra weight, power needs to be higher to get that power to weight ratio up within striking distance of the LS3 or LT1 (forget the Z06, just not even going to go there). NA probably will get me there (I'm guessing 500HP at the crank) but I'm not really sure I want to go through all the stuff it will take to get there. Forced induction seems the way to go (for simplicity and likely cost). That being said, and being new to Ford, I'm trying to size up the Coyote and what Mustangs like best.

Thanks for the input guys :)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
a centrifugal like our paxton or procharger will make really good power with the gt350

they really make pretty good power without them,

they are typically one of the last mods we recommend, an e85 fuel system with your blower will net much larger gains per $

heres a whipple we did on e85

[ame]

heres a paxton we did on e85

[ame]

heres a vortech on pump

[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
The school girl comment made me laugh, not many muscle car guys would admit that. Good job. :)

You are pretty much where I want to go with this. Reason I'm asking is because I was thinking of the GT350 intake for now and hold off on boosting the car. But if it isn't worth the investment once I go with a supercharger/turbo kit, I'd rather just skip over the intake upgrade.

To answer the above points, I'm looking for a Corvette killer (it would be nice to stay with my friends AMG or Ferrari but I don't see that ever happening). I'm already looking at suspension and think I have what I want there. Due to the extra weight, power needs to be higher to get that power to weight ratio up within striking distance of the LS3 or LT1 (forget the Z06, just not even going to go there). NA probably will get me there (I'm guessing 500HP at the crank) but I'm not really sure I want to go through all the stuff it will take to get there. Forced induction seems the way to go (for simplicity and likely cost). That being said, and being new to Ford, I'm trying to size up the Coyote and what Mustangs like best.

Thanks for the input guys :)
Problem you are going to run into with the Corvette they weigh nothing and a few bolt-ons they are pretty fast. The problem you run into is the stock Corvette runs 11.1 and 11.8 in the 1/4 mile depending on what model you are racing. Boosted I am going to run low 11's or high 10's if I get the traction down to the pavement. I am at 720hp to the wheel on a stock suspension plus the stock trans / clutch. Later after my upgrades to the drivetrain I should be able to keep up and beat a stock Corvette.

I would reach out to Terry at Beefcake or Travis at Boostworks someone that knows way more about this stuff than me. ;)

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I'm hitting the dyno Saturday. I'll make a post afterward. On 11psi it is a gd beast (coming from someone who has owned two Whipple Cobras and trapped 132mph).

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I do believe there is one member who has the 350 IM with a procharger but I haven't seen a dyno sheet yet. But, considering the 350 IM allows you run higher RPM without a resulting drop in torque and plateau of hp like the stock GT IM does it leads one to think the HP numbers will be higher.
Saturday is judgment day.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So words and sales pitches are cool, but I come bearing videos! There are FAR better options available from a performance perspective.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]giwdeZ1CPNI[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]X4pxo5wIsD4[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]W4HeoYqv4yc[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]98Y34u2YCGw[/MEDIA]"]

680-725 wheel hp, and not a RoushCharger in sight...

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So words and sales pitches are cool, but I come bearing videos! There are FAR better options available from a performance perspective.

680-725 wheel hp, and not a RoushCharger in sight...
Guys are getting the same numbers from just the Whipple tune... Or considerably better. :shrug:
Sponsored