Sponsored

Boosted on stock 2.5" exhaust

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
For those who are boosted and running stock exhaust how much HP are you making?
Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Procharger did 900 rwhp on completely stock exhaust on a gen 3 car about 5 years ago. Could it have made 50 more with a full exhaust sure.

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
632 wheel horsepower on stock oem exhaust. Have since changed to Ford Performance by Borla Touring. I like the sound better.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
How much do you want to make?

I am all OEM besides the Steeda H-Pipe, active exhaust, should be around 900whp give or take but have not been to the dyno since being on the 120mm pulley and 93 octane.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I plan on running mine on a dyno soon. I have 1-7/8" LTH Long Tube headers with High flow Cats and connections pipes to my Borla switch fire and then going into my OEM Active exhaust.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Catless LTH into x pipe to factory active exhaust. Making around 900whp.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’ve asked this same kind of question and barely found answers…for how well documented and tested these cars are, I’m yet to find before after HP/TQ gains from eliminating 2.25 neck downs.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’ve asked this same kind of question and barely found answers…for how well documented and tested these cars are, I’m yet to find before after HP/TQ gains from eliminating 2.25 neck downs.
Gains depends on a variety of factors, one being if it is turbo or supercharged.
Turbo will make more power with less back pressure.

Supercharger cars benefit MORE from eliminating intake restrictions.

in either application you'd likely make more power from simply eliminating converters from the exhaust as they pose a more significant restriction to flow than going from a 2.5 in to 3 in exhaust.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
This is typical of the replies I get about the subject,
Perfect example…
No dynos, no ET or trap comparisons

Zero verified metrics…. just vague conjecture.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is typical of the replies I get about the subject,
Perfect example…
No dynos, no ET or trap comparisons

Zero verified metrics…. just vague conjecture.
LOL!!!!

If you think it's vague/conjecture then do some research, google is your friend.

There is a guy here that did some exhaust backpressure testing but I'd bet you wouldn't care about it too much since you only want dyno sheets lol...

You don't actually need to know what someone else's setup does because most times we aren't running all of the same parts and setups. So it's not going to be apples to apples. Dynos are located in many places with many operators, it's not the same if you're not doing back to back testing on the same day.

When my car was supercharged it made nearly the same amount of WHP with a partial stock exhaust and with a full 3 inch exhaust. It did not pick up any extra hp at the same boost level until I reduced the inlet restriction.

The fact of the matter is that when a turbo setup has excessive backpressure in some cases increasing the boost will not yield anymore power. In the case of the S550 a problem with valve float can arise as low as 12-14 PSI on poorly constructed turbo setups. This is why you see many of the drag race guys run dumps straight out of the hood or the fender. Is this conjecture? So why is everyone doing this instead of running a full exhaust out the back of the car?

How can I tell you what your setup is going to make on a given day? I can tell you what my car made with some very basic facts, but you probably will not make the same HP so what the fuck does it matter? Are you going to drive to bumfuckery GA and test your car at the same dyno and in the same conditions?

The fact is that MANY if not all of us with FI has had our cars on a dyno at least once. No one here really has time of money to incrementally put a car on the dyno to test something that YOU want to know. If you want the answer, my suggestion is not to ask a forum. These are the answers you will find. My suggestion is to get your car put it on the dyno every time you change parts. Just know weather effects the readings on dynos, so the answer might be "VAGUE" and/or "CONJECTURE"!
Sponsored