How many stock boosted clutches?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Exedy installed. Factory flywheel was perfect so re used that. No chatter no shudder. Def stiffer and heavier then stock clutch. Deciding if i like the feel. Feels like the pedal engages lower.
I am interested to hear your thoughts after it breaks in.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I had the stage 3 mach 500 and first time at the track it slipped on drag radials,2 other guys were their at the track with me.That clutch is just not made to handle that kind of power.American Muscle also.seriously over rates the hp numbers on that clutch.I called exedy and u guys dont want to know the true holding torque of that clutch.Even if u dont go to the track if u run sticky tires and like using the power u have that clutch will not last.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
By track I mean one with curves. I agree, if you spend a lot of time at the strip and that is your goals, there are better clutches. But you need to weight just how important spending twice as much is on a clutch vs how much you are going to use the additional clamping force and friction.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
By track I mean one with curves. I agree, if you spend a lot of time at the strip and that is your goals, there are better clutches. But you need to weight just how important spending twice as much is on a clutch vs how much you are going to use the additional clamping force and friction.
Yea but we are not talking just about the drag strip,if u are running any kind of sticky tire even on the street at the power levels most of us are at,that clutch is not going to last.Now if u are running regular street tires it will probably last a little longer.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Is the clutch lockout a widespread issue? I run my GT to 7500 and it still shifts like butter with the stock clutch.

No lockout and no fear of the clutch slipping...that's gains! :headbang:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Yea but we are not talking just about the drag strip,if u are running any kind of sticky tire even on the street at the power levels most of us are at,that clutch is not going to last.Now if u are running regular street tires it will probably last a little longer.

Same principle. Launching is where the issue is. I don't drag race with stop lights either.
Sponsored