Boostane Premium vs Boostane Professional

jdlatil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gt Mustang
I been using Boostane Professional about 5 years on a boosted 3 valve @ 16 lbs boost. I have simple formula: I only add 1oz per gal of 93 octane which equal to about 100 octane after adding Boostane.

I see no reason to run any more than that. Will say that motor was tuned using that formula and was built bottom end.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
2016 Mustang with VMP Gen 3r and 84mm pulley. Lund tuned.
I put one can of 32oz Premium to one tank of gas on fill up. I now have a case of 16oz Professional and just want to make sure I can use one can.
Doesn't boostane professional come in 32oz bottles too? Never seen 16oz bottles. Also how much boost/ timing are you running?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Doesn't boostane professional come in 32oz bottles too? Never seen 16oz bottles. Also how much boost/ timing are you running?

Yes they typically come in 32oz cans. I've not seen 16oz cans of Professional. But that doesn't mean there aren't any out there.

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have a case of 30 little 16oz Professional cans
I'll get pictures this weekend.

Last edited:

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m always surprised when I see people say they use an entire can per tank. I tested different amounts of Boostane Professional when I first added my supercharger and found that adding 6-8 oz of Professional to a tank let me run 19-20* or timing on 9psi with 91octane in Utah.

With 91 and 100% methanol, I typically only see 15-16* So a pretty small amount of Professional seems to yield far more knock suppression than I’m able to get with methanol.

I just don’t use it too often because it definitely covers the plugs in lots of orange.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m always surprised when I see people say they use an entire can per tank. I tested different amounts of Boostane Professional when I first added my supercharger and found that adding 6-8 oz of Professional to a tank let me run 19-20* or timing on 9psi with 91octane in Utah.

With 91 and 100% methanol, I typically only see 15-16* So a pretty small amount of Professional seems to yield far more knock suppression than I’m able to get with methanol.

I just don’t use it too often because it definitely covers the plugs in lots of orange.
Maybe we don't know.
I asked my tuner and they told me to keep doing what I'm doing (which was dumping the entire can in).

OP
OP
Bahndvr

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I stand corrected.

Boostane Pre vs Pro.jpg

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Maybe we don't know.
I asked my tuner and they told me to keep doing what I'm doing (which was dumping the entire can in).
Ya I’m not saying that’s wrong, it has always just seemed like a lot based on what I’ve seen. I was more implying that maybe I’m the one who doesn’t know or is doing it wrong haha.
Sponsored