Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Hello guys/gals.

Update:
I drove by my dealer to see what they do with my car. After they have my new Mustang for "ages' I was curious what my "beauty" would look like. (My Mustang was dropped in on the 1st of April a second time for alignment issues and the "HIT and RUN" what wrinkled my left rear panel a bit... ) After I searched on the lot, I did find my car and it looked terrible!

Bumper and all rear windows are cut out what did surprise me a bit. :faint:

I asked the manageress what was going on because my car should be ready for pickup last Friday. Her answer was: "Ford asked us to order a new lid to see how the car looks like after we install it. But honestly I don't think it will do. My guys don't know how to get it correctly done by now and we work together with Ford Service to get everything looked after. The rear panel isn't the problem. That would have been fixed couple days ago. It's the whole rear end. And honestly I don't know when we are done with it.... ! ) :doh:

I actually couldn't say anything at this moment. The back of the car is taken in parts and I think I couldn't even ask for a new car because of the "frixxxx" :rant: hit and run I have to deal with. I am missing driving my Mustang already. Hopefully everything is taken care of in the END.... :brokenheart:

And people saying here that we who got this crooked Mustang's shouldn't be blowing up in our disappointment.

I am happy for everyone who got a Mustang with no issues at all! :cheers:
Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
As I mentioned on another thread, looks like assembly of these cars are done too quickly.

I just ran some in-stock v6 VINs (for my 22 year old son who is looking to buy his first new car) from various dealers within 100 miles of my location using COTUS and I see cars being built 2 to 3 days. (From production to awaiting shipment ) I even saw one built in 1 day.

Thats just crazy nuts.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Update:
I got yesterday morning a call from the dealer's bodyshop manageress, asking me to drive by at around 2pm. They got the new trunk lid but it has the same deformation and after looking at the new one it actually has the same deformation than the old one. I am thinking that Ford has a really bad batch on trunk lids and both, shop guy and manageress, agreed. They actually called me in, to tell me, that they can't fix what FORD made crooked in the factory. They asked me if I would be happy if they fix it somehow and I said no. No way! I then checked out my car inside so far I could do it and the leather is covered in dust and debris because they didn't cover the left and right rear windows like they should have. The car is a complete mess now. "Ohhh don't worry! We clean it up properly...." B....S..... ! Now they will see on how to fix the rear window problem but can't promise anything including on how to fix the problem with the trunk lid "cutting" into the bumper. "there is no gap at all and FORD didn't pay attention......"

The worst car ever! But I know. "American pride!" :lol:

People asking here in the forum if they should buy a car from the lot - YES PLEASE DON'T even think to order one! FORD will send you the worst car they can find. (That's my opinion.) Check the cars at your local dealer and buy the one you can live with. Seriously!

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I'm sorry, I couldn't read all the comments but I was wondering if water entering the gaps can cause eventual rust issues? I have gaps in a couple of my '15 GT panels. My wife's fusion has clearcoat fogging and peeling but Ford says it's something we did. Won't warranty. This whole warranty process is fucken stupid! They swear all their cars are perfect. BULLSHIT!

Sponsored

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
hope someone out there starts a class action lawsuit against Ford soon

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
hope someone out there starts a class action lawsuit against Ford soon
:thumbsup:

Good luck with that in the USA! I don't know if this would help us in the rest of the world.

mustang#16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's really unfortunate that Ford's QC process appears to have failed on the early 2015s (or does anyone know if panel alignment is still a problem with current production?). As I've posted before, the 2015 Mustang is an interesting study of contrasts. What Ford got right, they really got right - so much of the car is just flawless, near perfect. But when they get something wrong, dang! You just have to wonder how some things that are so obvious still slip out of the factory.

On a new model, I would not be surprised if bugs surfaced on very complicated components like the suspension or engine, etc. But a process to check panel alignment doesn't take 21st century technology. A simple visual inspection is all that's needed - on every car. When you consider how long Ford has been building cars, it's just bizarre to me how their body panel alignment quality can be so spotty and be delivered straight to the customer like that. I realize the body panels on the 2015 Mustang are complex, but that has nothing to do with visual inspection and correction at the factory before being delivered to the customer.

One thing is for sure - If Ford ships 2015 Mustangs with the kind of panel gaps seen in this thread to Europe and elsewhere, they will do a lot of damage to the Mustang's (and Ford's) reputation. Ford needs to get its act together and resolve this at the factory, not at the dealer. It's just panel alignment, not rocket science. Sheesh!

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I see no reason why they would QC cars bound overseas better then the ones destined for the US. This is an annoying and faulted QC process that would allow the cars to go out in this condition. I saw that some trunk lids are improperly produced, I have a convertible, and no issues. I wonder if its a Fastback only issue?

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I did had a very long and nice chat yesterday with the body shop at my dealership. They are actually "tired" of fixing 2015 Mustang because it would delay their normal business on a daily base. That's why the body guy meant he can't fix what is crooked right from the factory and I wouldn't be the 1st customer complaining about it. I am driving now a Fusion and it looks for me fine. Means Ford can build nice cars. No doubt about it. I thought with the Mustang having his 50th anniversary Ford would have paying more attention to it. Well. Now we, who have gotten these crooked one, actually know it better.
That's why I am saying it would for all the Mustang fans out there better, to check the cars on the lots before they buy one IMO.

Sponsored

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I don't have any body alignment issue but when I was under the car to install my exhaust, I did notice that the rear bumper was missing the clips that attaches to the supports (clips/pins on either side of the reverse light) and I was like "ahh, common Ford!"

skiski329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Manual
Has anyone tried to fix this issue themselves? This is where the rear bumper fascia attaches to the rear quarter panel at the driver's side tail light.

I wonder if the seam can be reached from under the vehicle or by removing the tail light and/or trunk trim panels? Seems like it could be fixed by moving the fascia further outward to line up better with the quarter panel.

The passenger side could use some fine tuning as well in the same area, but it's not nearly as noticeable.
I've had the car for 3 days now, and first time i was able to park it outside in daylight, and have the exact same misalignment. it also looks like it is nearly the same amount too!

did you do anything with yours? it's going to bug me now.

I found a few extra paint drips on the roof in that gully on the drivers side, but it's not easily visible and i can live with that. and there were two almost needle points on the drivers side i found, so i will get some touch up paint. nothing that disappoints me.

the misaligned driver side bumper does disappoint me.

Last edited:

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
It will be awesome once Ford puts all of their QC people back on the line. All of these issues should be resolved once all those eyes are scanning the finished product !!!!

Welcome back Ford Quality Control !!! Thanks for hearing all of our complaints !!

(yeah I'm being sarcastic) :(

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not yet. :(

I recently installed a set of the Raxiom tail light sequencers. They were more of a pain in the ass to install than the product descriptions I've read would lead you to believe. I had to tear both corners of the trunk apart to reach the tail light wiring harness connections. I have the Shaker audio system. So, the trunk sub had to be unbolted a moved out of the way in order to get to the passenger side corner. Having gone through this unrelated ordeal, I can at least confirm that those misaligned body panel seams cannot be reached from inside the trunk.

When I get a chance, I'll see if the seams are visible and reachable from underneath the car, behind the back tires. If so, I may try to fix the problem myself. If not, I'll have my dealer fix it when I go in for the first oil change.

I've had the car for 3 days now, and first time i was able to park it outside in daylight, and have the exact same misalignment. it also looks like it is nearly the same amount too!

did you do anything with yours? it's going to bug me now.

I found a few extra paint drips on the roof in that gully on the drivers side, but it's not easily visible and i can live with that. and there were two almost needle points on the drivers side i found, so i will get some touch up paint. nothing that disappoints me.

the misaligned driver side bumper does disappoint me.

skiski329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Manual
Not yet. :(

I recently installed a set of the Raxiom tail light sequencers. They were more of a pain in the ass to install than the product descriptions I've read would lead you to believe. I had to tear both corners of the trunk apart to reach the tail light wiring harness connections. I have the Shaker audio system. So, the trunk sub had to be unbolted a moved out of the way in order to get to the passenger side corner. Having gone through this unrelated ordeal, I can at least confirm that those misaligned body panel seams cannot be reached from inside the trunk.

When I get a chance, I'll see if the seams are visible and reachable from underneath the car, behind the back tires. If so, I may try to fix the problem myself. If not, I'll have my dealer fix it when I go in for the first oil change.
Ok keep me posted. I'm going to start poking around too and see what I can find
Sponsored