Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
Gsxr,

If you don't mind my asking, why did you switch?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just compared the two after learning more about UPR in the other thread. Bobs is a great separator also.

Last edited:

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
Also compared all of the listed separators about a month ago and chose the Bobs. Agree that UPR was very good also. I went with Bobs because of the following:

1. In the comparison test videos it collected more oil.
2. The collection can is secured to the car, not floating.
3. The hoses and fittings are outstanding and look great installed, especially the red/blue AN fittings.
4. Wasn't true "plug and use" but all I had to do was use the Bobs supplied heatsinks in connecting the braided lines to the original valve cover and intake fittings. Took all of 10 minutes and they're permanent. The supplied braided lines are the right length and didn't need cutting.
5. Don't have to unscrew the bottom of the collection can to drain the oil, just open the valve on the bottom.

They're both good separators but that's why I chose the Bobs and it looks awesome under the hood.
Oil Sep 1.jpg
Oil Sep 2.jpg
Oil Sep 6.jpg

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
5030-98PnPCatchCan.jpg

new UPR

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
the blue and red look great!

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Also compared all of the listed separators about a month ago and chose the Bobs. Agree that UPR was very good also. I went with Bobs because of the following:

1. In the comparison test videos it collected more oil.
2. The collection can is secured to the car, not floating.
3. The hoses and fittings are outstanding and look great installed, especially the red/blue AN fittings.
4. Wasn't true "plug and use" but all I had to do was use the Bobs supplied heatsinks in connecting the braided lines to the original valve cover and intake fittings. Took all of 10 minutes and they're permanent. The supplied braided lines are the right length and didn't need cutting.
5. Don't have to unscrew the bottom of the collection can to drain the oil, just open the valve on the bottom.

They're both good separators but that's why I chose the Bobs and it looks awesome under the hood.
Just a heads up on the test video. The Bob's was compared against our old side by side design and the new design collects more than any system on the market. Many tests get run against our old designs to give competitor's system a chance as our new 4 chamber system stand alone in performance and design. We do offer free floating units and fixed mount units and every aspect of our new systems has been extremely well though out to handle whatever Enthusiasts and the competition can throw at it.

We offer system with 1/4 turn ball valves but they are messy and can drip or leak and Mustang owners don't like that so we made the most simple to install and remove line of Catch Cans that can be assembled and dis-assembled in literally under a minute if need be. I agree against the competition the Bob's unit is much better than JLT, Shelby, SilverHorse, Steeda and other simple designs that are all copies of one another.

:cheers:

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
As I said, over a month ago when I was searching for a oil separator the Bobs had all of the features I listed as compared to others. Since then UPR has introduced a bolt on separator and, IMO, improves both the longevity and appearance of the unit. Don't agree with the comment about the check valve at the bottom of the can. Which would I choose now? Really doesn't matter as the Bobs is installed and looks great. I'm glad UPR has modified their unit and I'm certain it is a also a quality separator.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Both are great....but I'll be going with a UPR.

Steve@BAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
One of the other benefits of the patented Bob's can is our bottom to top flow design. On all of the other brands, the oil is filtered at the inlet, and then drips down and sits loose in bottom of can. Between engine torque, speed bumps, G-forces, the oil 'sloshes' around and can splash against the outlet and then be pulled into the engine.

With Bob's having all the media in the bottom of the can, the oil is trapped down there, and NEVER comes into contact with the outlet. :cheers:

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
One of the other benefits of the patented Bob's can is our bottom to top flow design. On all of the other brands, the oil is filtered at the inlet, and then drips down and sits loose in bottom of can. Between engine torque, speed bumps, G-forces, the oil 'sloshes' around and can splash against the outlet and then be pulled into the engine.

With Bob's having all the media in the bottom of the can, the oil is trapped down there, and NEVER comes into contact with the outlet. :cheers:
Never come into contact is inaccurate as we have already seen people test them and it can and will pass oil because of the location and temperatures the can reaches, never allowing the oil to cool and condense properly results in the mist / vapor to be pulled through. If you would use more of a remote location for the can to cool down some it would greatly benefit your design.

Also many of the small can's with poor baffling and side by side ports in the direct path of each other is the problem. It's nice to offer a " Slosh " screen but not necessary in a properly designed system as the air paths are so large the vacuum is spread across a larger area and eliminates oil from being pulled out of the system.

We offer media in the bottom of our system, but it just means more to clean and it will also allow the oil to travel on the actual metal fibers and be pulled out of the system. There are so many tests on the web that have been done very well and only a few systems pass the test.

I do like the fact that you did not rubber stamp your system and copy an inferior design like everyone else. The mounting brackets could use some revisions. But overall your system will outperform 80% of the kits out there from the JLT, SHR, Steeda and Shelby designs.

I have been working hard to design the most advanced and rigorous oil separation systems for the most demanding Boosted applications that will pull anything through today's designs. Then we just implemented and brought these models into the less demanding environment to be sure it was something that would deliver the results we all demand.

Joe

Steve@BAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
^^^ Joe was not particularly talking about your can. This is a thread about Bob's cans. Please have your own thread with your info :) /cheers EDIT : No harm meant by comment, we can gets some beers and talk cans until we are blue in the face. I just don't think professional to jump into others theads about product A and push product B, never done to any UPR threads. Feel free to call or email me any time 813-247-7040 [email protected]

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I want to buy the Bobs, which one will fit the PP cars with the tower brace? Also, I just want it with the Red AN fittings, not the blue ones or black. Does someone know the specs and things I need?

Excuse the ignorance boys, just trying to look for answers and dont want to buy the wrong thing.

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
I really dig the red and blue fittings on the Bob's but I'm leaning towards the UPR design. Is it possible to get red/blue anodized fittings on the UPR. What would I need to buy?
Sponsored