Sponsored

BLine Cat Delete Pipes

RUNBUD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT, 2018 Royal Crimson GT Vert, 2019 Bullitt, 2004 Comp O Cobra, 2001 Bullitt, 1968 R Code Fastback, 2018 Lead Foot Raptor
@RUNBUD ...so a few weeks now and still no CEL?
just flashed a CEL. Soooo now I’m wondering if I should of disconnected the battery when I did the install or if this is going to be a thing. If so Am
I now forced to tune it in order to turn the CEL off? Back in the day on my ‘04 cobra I would just buy a pair of MIL eliminators for the rear O2s. Pretty sure that doesn’t happen anymore.
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@RUNBUD ugh, that sucks man. I have been patiently waiting for their high flow cat pipes, but I still have a slight reservation about messing with it because I do NOT want to deal with CEL’s at all. I’d venture to guess disconnecting the battery before hand would have changed nothing. But I wouldn’t put money on it.

That’s a good question though...what are the options, tune excluded, to eliminate a CEL for this mod? What else could be tried since we know what caused it?

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I got my shipping notification for the resonated test pipes I ordered. Should have them Friday. Looking forward to still having it the same loudness just without the rasp down low.
Did you get the resonated test pipes on? Sure curious as to what you think of them. Also, what other exhaust changes you have OR is it only these? Await your impressions of sound and do you get unburned gas smell? Thanks!

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Did you get the resonated test pipes on? Sure curious as to what you think of them. Also, what other exhaust changes you have OR is it only these? Await your impressions of sound and do you get unburned gas smell? Thanks!
Yes I received them this past Friday and installed them that night. When I first started it up I thought it sounded the same as it did before with the cat delete pipe. After taking it for a drive though it is perfect. It eliminated the low rpm rasp when shifting into each gear and it is still almost just as loud as before with the cat delete.

I have the shiftek resonator delete and now with the B-Line resonated test pipe it is perfect for me.
61429540402__52038787-6567-43C5-B56C-0108EFB171A3.JPG
IMG_1239.JPEG
IMG_1240.JPEG
IMG_1241.JPEG
IMG_1242.JPEG
IMG_1243.JPEG

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
NUTNDUN : Thanks so much; glad to hear how pleased you are! I have wanted to go high flow cats but recently wondered about these resonated test pipes. Great pics too!

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
NUTNDUN : Thanks so much; glad to hear how pleased you are! I have wanted to go high flow cats but recently wondered about these resonated test pipes. Great pics too!
Same here. Would like to know what the difference in sound would be with the High Flow Cat version vs Resonated as I’m ready to pull the trigger on one but can’t decide which. Would the resonated version pass emissions as here in Ga have to get them every year. Would also like to know if the High Flow cat version would have less chance of a CEL with it still having cats.

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Same here. Would like to know what the difference in sound would be with the High Flow Cat version vs Resonated as I’m ready to pull the trigger on one but can’t decide which. Would the resonated version pass emissions as here in Ga have to get them every year. Would also like to know if the High Flow cat version would have less chance of a CEL with it still having cats.
If you have to get emissions I would go with the high flow cats. I don't have to do emissions since I am under 5,000 miles a year.

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
I run the hi flow cats with lethal resonator delete and the car sounds incredible. It is loud most people think I have a full exhaust. It is still quite when I close the exhaust so you get best of both worlds. I bought the hi flow cats just so I would have no issues with emissions or a random spot check. Unfortunately I do not have any sound clips

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I run the hi flow cats with lethal resonator delete and the car sounds incredible. It is loud most people think I have a full exhaust. It is still quite when I close the exhaust so you get best of both worlds. I bought the hi flow cats just so I would have no issues with emissions or a random spot check. Unfortunately I do not have any sound clips
I am going to go with the Hi-Flow cats version as soon as it's back in stock and pair it with my Corsa X-pipe. Curious if that combo would pick up some noticeable HP without a tune. The stock heads flow well and the only holdback was the restrictive cats.

Sponsored

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I had to add extensions to the O2 bungs. Even though the B-Line O2 bungs seemed like they would be long enough to keep the CEL from coming on I guess they are not long enough. I had a pair of 90 degree extensions I put on and it should be fine now.

RUNBUD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT, 2018 Royal Crimson GT Vert, 2019 Bullitt, 2004 Comp O Cobra, 2001 Bullitt, 1968 R Code Fastback, 2018 Lead Foot Raptor
I had to add extensions to the O2 bungs. Even though the B-Line O2 bungs seemed like they would be long enough to keep the CEL from coming on I guess they are not long enough. I had a pair of 90 degree extensions I put on and it should be fine now.
Where did you get the 90 degree extensions? What do they look like? Let us know if they work for sure!

NUTNDUN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Where did you get the 90 degree extensions? What do they look like? Let us know if they work for sure!
I will try and remember to get a pic of them the next time I have the car on the lift. They have changeable restriction plates also if needed. I believe I got them off of ebay.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Has anyone switched from the non resonated to resonated test pipes? I got my non resonated ones just before the latter were announced and paired with my Borla ATAK the rasp between 2500 and 4k rpm is awful. If the resonated ones are an improvement in that department, then I could justify the $1100 to swap. If not, then I’ll probably just throw my cats back in and call it a day.

Side note: I had a CEL pop up and I contacted BLine. They sent me a set of spacers free of charge. I can’t speak to if it resolved the issue because I haven’t gotten around to putting them in yet. I’ll update this post once they’re in.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@MikeMM Please do update about the spacers.

as for your rasp, you may have other options. BLine is coming out with resonated X-pipes. They said “with options”, which I think is safely assumed to mean different size resonators in the x-pipe. May be just what you need.
Sponsored