Bad News!!!! Bline motorsports catless

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
So I ordered the catless test pipes for the shelby gt350 a month ago been waiting patiently on them so decided to give them a call. I got in touch with them and asked about my order. The guy tells me they are no longer manufacturing these at all anywhere because the EPA showed up and banned them on October 7th. They are dealing with federal people and they will be banned in all 50 states. According to them they have canceled over 50 orders and haven't gotten to mine yet. I will be refunded my payment in full and they are completely sorry. I was told that 90 percent of there product was taken down and off the market. It didn't matter if it's used for offroad only. It's completely illegal to posses these. Has anyone heard about this??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
So I ordered the catless test pipes for the shelby gt350 a month ago been waiting patiently on them so decided to give them a call. I got in touch with them and asked about my order. The guy tells me they are no longer manufacturing these at all anywhere because the Fda showed up and banned them on October 7th. They are dealing with federal people and they will be banned in all 50 states. According to them they have canceled over 50 orders and haven't gotten to mine yet. I will be refunded my payment in full and they are completely sorry. I was told that 90 percent of there product was taken down and off the market. It didn't matter if it's used for offroad only. It's completely illegal to posses these. Has anyone heard about this??
If i was you I would order me a set from Kooks

https://kooksheaders.com/my-vehicle/2020/Ford/Mustang/Shelby GT350/V8/5.2

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
The FDA? As in, "Food and Drug Administration," FDA? If so, that seems... wrong.

Shame regardless; sorry to hear. I'd +1 the above.

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes, unfortunately the epa is cracking down. If you go on any big aftermarket site that sells headers for mustangs you won't be able to find the cattless versions, only the catted variants are for sale. I've honestly never heard of Bline motorsports but it seems like they are cracking down on smaller companies because the EPA knows that they don't have a lot of money like big manufactures to fight back with legal fees.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Honestly, this isn't particularly bad news, IMHO. They're using trash materials and they shouldn't be selling this part. They haven't done the R&D. I've seen a few busted sets now (in person - not just online). Buddy of mine has been through 3 of them, another dude just broke his set on first track day, and I know of a gent that has been through more than 5. Agree with above - go with a proper set of headers from someone like Kooks, ARH, etc.

Update 10.25.21: Two more busted sets from our October track day. Complete trash. I'll give them that Customer Service is trying - but just throwing replacements at people isn't helping. Some are on their 4th/5th part. Ridiculous

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DirtyTx210

DirtyTx210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
Gt350
Yes sorry Epa. My spell check.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
So I ordered the catless test pipes for the shelby gt350 a month ago been waiting patiently on them so decided to give them a call. I got in touch with them and asked about my order. The guy tells me they are no longer manufacturing these at all anywhere because the Fda showed up and banned them on October 7th. They are dealing with federal people and they will be banned in all 50 states. According to them they have canceled over 50 orders and haven't gotten to mine yet. I will be refunded my payment in full and they are completely sorry. I was told that 90 percent of there product was taken down and off the market. It didn't matter if it's used for offroad only. It's completely illegal to posses these. Has anyone heard about this??
I saw this a week or so ago. Luckily I already have a set but it's a shame you can't get them anymore. EPA are really cracking down. I hope you do get your money back, but I also feel for B-line who would be under the pump right now.

The don't sell mid pipes.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Honestly, this is good news. They're using trash materials. I've seen a few busted sets now. Buddy of mine has been through 3 of them, another dude just broke his set on first track day, and I know of a gent that has been through more than 5. Agree with above - go with a proper set of headers from someone like Kooks, ARH, etc.
Regardless of opinions on the product, I don't really see how it's good news. It will flow on to everything, including companies making top notch headers.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Regardless of opinions on the product, I don't really see how it's good news. It will flow on to everything, including companies making top notch headers.
Was referring to the company no longer selling mid pipes...

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Yep I work in the automotive aftermarket- the EPA started cracking down years ago

The "coal rollers" got their attention- they went after all the diesel guys first and once they got some of that sweet sweet fine money from a bunch of people- they started going after everyone

The good news tons of CARB legal parts being produced to make your car faster- but yeah no more parts that delete catalytic converters

and to the comment they are only going after small companies- nope they are going after the big ones too

Here is an article- for example MagnaFlow (which is definitely a larger company) was fined over 600K for building parts with no converters- and then the EPA went after them a second time over universal pipes for hot rods because people using them as off road pipes

Enormous EPA Fines Could Signal Beginning Of End Of Aftermarket Parts (motorbiscuit.com)