Sponsored

Cat delete pipes w/ stock resonated exhaust.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Looking at doing the Shifteck off road mid pipes with my stock exhaust (with resonators). Anyone running the same setup? Its hard to find good sound clips. Any downside to running them? All feedback welcomed.
Sponsored

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have Stainless Works headers with the CATS deleted and the rest of the exhaust is stock. Not quite what you are looking for but I wouldn't think it would be much different. Car is loud with the muffler valves open but sounds stock when in quiet mode.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Looking at doing the Shifteck off road mid pipes with my stock exhaust (with resonators). Anyone running the same setup? Its hard to find good sound clips. Any downside to running them? All feedback welcomed.
I have that exact set up with my Gen 3 whipple set up .
I was not planning to,but ended up doing it as I was worried about the cats with boost .

With the o2 sensor spacers I have not thrown a MIL with the whipple tune .

I did not pick up any more power with the delete cats but it’s not tuned.

I was afraid it would be too loud but I like it .It is higher pitched and gets a little raspy at higher rpm.

It’s a little louder than stock with the muffler valves open but I was pleasantly surprised it was really no louder with the mufflers closed .

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
OP, did you end up doing this or find any good clips? I was thinking of doing the same cat delete pipes as well but I already have the resonators deleted. Are these the same as the GT pipes? And does the drivers side require cutting and welding like the GT?

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OP, did you end up doing this or find any good clips? I was thinking of doing the same cat delete pipes as well but I already have the resonators deleted. Are these the same as the GT pipes? And does the drivers side require cutting and welding like the GT?
I found a few clips on the gt350 owners group on Facebook and a few Instagram posts.
I decided to go with the cat delete pipes from B-Line Motorsports....
https://www.blinemotorsports.com/product-page/shelby-gt350-test-pipes
They looked to be better quality than the Shifteck ones and they retain the factory rubber dampers (which was important to me). They are building the next batch this week so I probably won’t have them until sometime next week.
I believe they are different than pipes for a GT.
They bolt in so no cutting is required.

Sponsored

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
I found a few clips on the gt350 owners group on Facebook and a few Instagram posts.
I decided to go with the cat delete pipes from B-Line Motorsports....
https://www.blinemotorsports.com/product-page/shelby-gt350-test-pipes
They looked to be better quality than the Shifteck ones and they retain the factory rubber dampers (which was important to me). They are building the next batch this week so I probably won’t have them until sometime next week.
I believe they are different than pipes for a GT.
They bolt in so no cutting is required.
Excellent. Thanks for the info. Agree, well worth the extra $. That’s probably what I will do as well. How is the sound compared to stock, or with the resonator delete? I’m not on FB.

BTW, I lived in Houston for 12 years, just moved to CT last year for my wife’s job and it blows, and no E85 here. We were in Cypress then Magnolia. I have a buddy in Richmond with a GT350, both our cars are AG with stripes.

OP
OP
Bcobb85

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Excellent. Thanks for the info. Agree, well worth the extra $. That’s probably what I will do as well. How is the sound compared to stock, or with the resonator delete? I’m not on FB.

BTW, I lived in Houston for 12 years, just moved to CT last year for my wife’s job and it blows, and no E85 here. We were in Cypress then Magnolia. I have a buddy in Richmond with a GT350, both our cars are AG with stripes.
I haven’t gotten them yet so I can’t give first hand experience. From what I gather it basically greatly amplifies the current exhaust note and adds a little more rasp (which I like). Paired with a res delete it will be even more raspy.

Haha, sorry to hear that. I’m on the south side (clear lake).
Sponsored