Sponsored

Cat delete pipes

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum Diesel FX4 / '16 Audi S3 Viper Green APR Stage 3+ / '19 GT350R / 17 Camaro SS 1LE 575whp all motor (sold) / '15 C7Z 650whp (sold)
Curious if anyone has done just deletes and what the dyno difference was with a tune?

In my experience with some other modern V8s, deleted cats (with a tune) gave 75-95% of the gains of headers at a fraction of the cost (not to mention a much easier install), so I'm just wondering if there's even a company that makes them and if so - has anyone dyno'd with gains over stock

Thanks
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Quite a few guys have done it, and quite a few companies make them; B-Line, Lethal, ShifTech. Most of the time this is a popular mod because you don't need a tune. Although quite often, this mod does result in a CEL without one.

I'll also add after tons and tons of homework, most people think it's stupid obnoxious loud and sounds like s*** to boot.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Quite a few guys have done it, and quite a few companies make them; B-Line, Lethal, ShifTech. Most of the time this is a popular mod because you don't need a tune. Although quite often, this mod does result in a CEL without one.

I'll also add after tons and tons of homework, most people think it's stupid obnoxious loud and sounds like s*** to boot.
it is crazy loud, at least with my roush catback. Doesnt sad bad..but im thinking of adding some vibrant resonators to the mix.

OP
OP
Seven

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum Diesel FX4 / '16 Audi S3 Viper Green APR Stage 3+ / '19 GT350R / 17 Camaro SS 1LE 575whp all motor (sold) / '15 C7Z 650whp (sold)
it is crazy loud, at least with my roush catback. Doesnt sad bad..but im thinking of adding some vibrant resonators to the mix.
I'd be doing stock cat-back - I know it'll be loud but it's not a huge concern for me.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'd be doing stock cat-back - I know it'll be loud but it's not a huge concern for me.
You are correct in the factory heads are CNC ported and flow very well... the Cat delete is the main reason for increase in power on Longtubes with a tune. I agree above without Cats and the factory resonators it would be incredibly loud and wouldn't sound that good in my opinion (change in the 350 tone to just straight unorganized rasp). I don't want to void any warranty so when B-Line releases their Hi-Flow Cats they are making in house I will be purchasing those to go along with my Corsa X Pipe.

OP
OP
Seven

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the Cat delete is the main reason for increase in power on Longtubes with a tune.
This is the main thing I was looking for.
I did LT headers on my '17 Camaro SS 1LE along with a filter and tune only to find a friend did cat deletes, a filter and tune and made withing 6hp of my car but spent about $1k less in parts and a way easier install, so I was hoping this might be the case for Voodoos, sounds like it is.

As far as the sound, Maybe there are resonated cat delete pipes?
Can't imagine they cat-delete pipes sound much worse than cat-less long tubes (with stock rear section)? I've heard plenty of sound clips with those and liked the sound

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
This is the main thing I was looking for.
I did LT headers on my '17 Camaro SS 1LE along with a filter and tune only to find a friend did cat deletes, a filter and tune and made withing 6hp of my car but spent about $1k less in parts and a way easier install, so I was hoping this might be the case for Voodoos, sounds like it is.

As far as the sound, Maybe there are resonated cat delete pipes?
Can't imagine they cat-delete pipes sound much worse than cat-less long tubes (with stock rear section)? I've heard plenty of sound clips with those and liked the sound
yeah the power differences are negligible at best.

if you cant find resonated cat delete pipes..maybe look up the vibrant resonators. ive heard good things about them..and might try to get a before and after video of it soon.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
B-Line has a resonated cat delete pipe. But again, guys are getting a CEL from those as well. I personally just don’t wanna deal with that, thus I too am waiting on the B-Line high flow cats.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Seven

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B-Line wants $1k for resonated test pipes? .... Hard Pass

Can buy M2 headers (made to order in the USA and known good fitment) for much less - about half.

Hell, big brand headers aren't much more. If I'm spending $1k I'd just buy M2 headers and pay for the install. My goal was to buy something not terribly expensive and do the install myself to eliminate the cost and time of installing headers... Seems like that's simply not possible.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I have the Shifteck Cat Deletes and their H pipe. Is it loud? No doubt. I get a LOT of compliments on it though,

I wish it were a tad quieter, so I've thought about going with a different resonator. Its worse from 2-3k but after 3k its pure aural orgasm.
Interesting to hear about the longtubes and power. I dynoed 476 with the stock exhaust on (car is Lund tuned, I was running about 60% E85 at the time). I've seen LT cars hit 500-520.

I'm literally a keystroke away from buying the Lonestar set up from 2M...Maybe I should re-think that and dyno this car again first....

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would dyno the car first with the cat deletes. I had the same setup that you have now and wanted it a little tamer so I switched to the B Line Motorsports resonated cat deletes. Toned it down some but still pretty nasty at WOT. Might as well see what you got now prior to taking the next step.

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
I have the Bline resonated cat deletes paired with a Shifteck x pipe and the stock cat back.
The car very is loud at wot. I think it sounds awesome but some may think it’s a bit obnoxious.

Here is a quick video
IMG_5265.mov

F16C0EDC-BBC1-404A-BA95-5DBBC4E15339.png

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
I am having trouble posting the video clip.
Sponsored