Sponsored

Bleeding Cooling System

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Weellll, shit. I’ve never had to do this ever, but I got this Radium expansion tank and somethings not right. The system is not bled.

The quantity is all over the place when hot, cold, running, not running, etc. And the worst part is when you first crank it up, you can clearly hear the burbling and circulating of water through the heater core and the system.

I don’t get it. I’ve had the tank off, coolant drained, and even radiator out for several various projects and I’ve never had to do something special to bleed the coolant on this car. In fact, the system is designed so that the expansion tank accomplishes that anyways. Don’t get it.

You guys know of anything special, or tips and tricks to try and get the air out and get the system stabilized?

Radium was no help and says their tank should be of no difference when it comes to servicing.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Stock system is self-bleeding. Basically fill it up to appropriate level, start car and get it warm, fill as needed. Once the thermostat opens up, the level might change, and then check level once more the car fully cools down.

The idiot-proof way is to vacuum fill the system - basically pull vacuum on the entire coolant system and then use that vacuum to suck in the coolant.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just want to understand why it’s not happening naturally, like it should.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R