BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Damn. Pulled the clutch spring over 24,000 miles ago and it helped some but not enough. Starting to think maybe i have a bad trans then.
Trans wouldn't do it, but maybe a funkey clutch, hydraulics or throw out bearing from the factory? I think these stock clutches are a crap shoot on quality. Have you had a chance to drive someone else's car or test drive another?
Edit: just saw you test drove an EB. I would take it in for a look at the dealership.
Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Have you tried Track mode? I find the throttle sensitivity made quite a difference to the jerkiness of the transmission and now use track mode to drive to and from work every day (albeit we don't have cold/wet/snow hear so having traction control off all the time isn't an issue). I.e. when you let off the accelerator in 2nd gear at 4500+ rpm the revs drop in a linear way with less of (what i'd describe as) a jerky surge like they do in normal or Sport+ mode. Throttle sensitivity in your tune will also make a difference. Ask your tuner to reduce the sensitivity and see if it makes a difference.

Edit: Forget the last bit. Just saw your no tune CAI in your sig so assume you aren't tuned.

Last edited:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Are you compensating for the hanging RPM?
Though I would swear that the clutch engagement moves around.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Omg this stuff is liquid gold!!! Feels amazing I can't beleive it. I was skeptical but dam greatful I took a leap of faith. If you are in the fence about this don't think anymore and get it! Worth every penny. Car shifts so much smoother.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am planning to do this fluid change over the winter while my car is stored. I have a GTPP and the trans is the jerkiest thing i have ever driven (27,xxx miles of having to apologize to anyone who rides in my car). I had my first opportunity to drive an ecoboost manual today and the shift feel is night and day! My question is, has anyone else with a trans fluid swapped GT manual also driven a stock Eco manual to provide a comparison? I can't get back behind the wheel of my car and its crappy shifting knowing how great it could be!
I wouldn't be to happy about removing spring. It could be why you are having issues now. Have you thought about the steeda spring? Feels way better.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
In the combo kit, is there any reason not to choose the 140 viscosity over the 90 gear oil?

Is my mileage a concern? I'm at about 26k

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
In the combo kit, is there any reason not to choose the 140 viscosity over the 90 gear oil?

Is my mileage a concern? I'm at about 26k
No, it is more personal preference. 140 just gives you more protection at high temps. You might loose .000001MPG :D

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just installed BG in the transmission and diff. I did it for better protection on track days but after a short drive I can tell the shifts are smoother. Thanks Optimum Performance!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the Syncroshift II swap. Shifts are butter, or maybe heavy cream? :lol:. The shifter glides into each gate now. No noise, no adverse effects of any kind that I can tell. All good. Excellent product. I will be eager to see the improvement tomorrow morning when it's cold. That said, it went from noticeably better than stock fluid to awesome as it worked its way through the transmission and warmed up. Heel toe downshifts are much better and faster...no waiting for the synchros to do their thing.

Huge thanks to Tommy on this kit. It was very easy and straightforward. The hardest part was laying there pumping the fluid in...my arms were getting tired.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Just did my engine, transmission, and diff oil change last Saturday. I'm very happy with the results. The transmission and diff kit worked perfectly! I also love the refill discount when I'm ready to do that. The rear diff oil was a little overwhelming for the poor pump in the kit, but it got the job done.

Thanks again @Optimum Performance for putting a great kit together with nice instructions. It took a lot of the guessing game out!

Sponsored

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
My gear oil and rear axle oil arrives tomorrow... can't wait to put them on!! Mainly looking for quieter gear operation and smoothness in gears. Anyone happen to reduce noise from the reverse lockout collar?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My gear oil and rear axle oil arrives tomorrow... can't wait to put them on!! Mainly looking for quieter gear operation and smoothness in gears. Anyone happen to reduce noise from the reverse lockout collar?
Your trans might be slightly quieter but it will not do anything for the reverse lockout. That's all the shifter.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
My Optimum BG kit showed up yesterday!

I have a busy week and I am heading to SEMA in Vegas, so I likely won't get around to swapping it until a week or two.

I will give feedback once I do.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your gonna love it .

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Honestly the stock shifter is really harmonic. A Barton, and others is a great investment which side effect is less NVH in the cabin. I would love to know if it does change the sounds off the collar.
Sponsored