Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
It is no mystery that many of us have tried many different fluids for a cheap mod to improve the function of the not so great MT82. Previously I had tried BG Syncro Shift II and I was impressed. I have been using Ceratec in my engine and have been thrilled with the results getting rid of the "tic" and it always was in the back of my mind that the Ceratec bottle said its good for manual transmissions. Well I finally poured it in...aaaaannnnnd at first wasn't happy with it. But a month of driving later and its shifting better than EVER. It ALMOST feels like a different transmission. I am very satisfied and recommend it. Another Mustang owner had actually recommended it to me at a car show and he uses is in all his manual transmission cars.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
It is no mystery that many of us have tried many different fluids for a cheap mod to improve the function of the not so great MT82. Previously I had tried BG Syncro Shift II and I was impressed. I have been using Ceratec in my engine and have been thrilled with the results getting rid of the "tic" and it always was in the back of my mind that the Ceratec bottle said its good for manual transmissions. Well I finally poured it in...aaaaannnnnd at first wasn't happy with it. But a month of driving later and its shifting better than EVER. It ALMOST feels like a different transmission. I am very satisfied and recommend it. Another Mustang owner had actually recommended it to me at a car show and he uses is in all his manual transmission cars.
That BG stuff for the MT-82 is amazing, I did that along with a mgw short shifter and weighted shift knob. It completely changed the feel of the transmission. Highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't done it.

OP
OP
KJZ28

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
How much did you put in?
I did it a few months ago and don't remember exactly. I did some math based on the bottle stating one bottle (300 ml) is sufficient for 3–5 Liters . It came out to somewhere a little less than half a bottle of Ceratec if I remember correctly.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 2nd gear grind and it is driving me nuts!! I've installed the MGW a year ago and the issue still persists! Last month decided to change the fluids with the motul gear oil 75w140 and will see the results afterwards! I'm gonna give it sometime to cure then if not I will try the ceratic as well!
Sponsored