Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I would do test sections with the white and yellow Rupes pads using Reflect and see what you get.
Reading my mind, again. <smile> Testing each right off the bat is the plan.

Another possibility would be using Carpro Essence. This is a primer polish that contains Si02 and only very mild corrective ability.
..but most use it prior to applying a ceramic coating
As it happens, I just read about Essence for the first time this morning. (I'm always a day late and a dollar short. <BSEG>)

But, I can't get my head around the phrase, "primer polish." And, since I do plan to give her a coating of CQuartz after polishing, if it were you, would you go with Essence then over Reflect?

Also, does the SiO2 in Essence actually accomplish anything, i.e., does it really make the coating more adhesive to the clear coat?
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Reading my mind, again. <smile> Testing each right off the bat is the plan.

As it happens, I just read about Essence for the first time this morning. (I'm always a day late and a dollar short. <BSEG>)

But, I can't get my head around the phrase, "primer polish." And, since I do plan to give her a coating of CQuartz after polishing, if it were you, would you go with Essence then over Reflect?

Also, does the SiO2 in Essence actually accomplish anything, i.e., does it really make the coating more adhesive to the clear coat?
The idea of Essence (and other "primer" polishes) is to lay down a foundation of Si02 for the coating to bond to. That's the theory. I've applied coatings with and without the use of product like this, it's hard to say if the use of Essence helped the situation or not.

You would use one or the other, so polish with either Reflect or Essence, then coating.

This is the application recommended by my supplier, take not of point 7 -

Get CarPro Essence Online | Waxit – Waxit Car Care
  1. Ensure the surface is clean of all oils, grease or previous waxes, etc.
  2. Wipe down the panel with CarPro Eraser
  3. Shake the bottle well.
  4. Apply 4-6 dots of compound to your polishing pad or hand applicator, and work it into the paintwork at a low speed
  5. Increase the speed slightly to generate more heat into the panel to maximise its ability to bond to the paintwork
  6. Wipe off the residue and move onto the next section.
  7. You should wait approximately 1 hour before applying CQuartz coatings over Essence. (Make sure to use Eraser before applying any coating).

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I've applied coatings with and without the use of product like this, it's hard to say if the use of Essence helped the situation or not.
Nothing beats first-hand experience, D, and that is exactly what I wanted to hear. You can watch all the Toob clips out there and you won't get a content provider to make that statement. <smile>

Thank you SO much. :thumbsup:

You should wait approximately 1 hour before applying CQuartz coatings over Essence. (Make sure to use Eraser before applying any coating).
I got to #7 and I hesitated to read it. Then, when I did, I chuckled. Reason is, I'm slow as molasses, D and it will take me at the very least, three or four days to polish Sarah and there's no way I'll have the energy to press on with a coating on the last day. <GRIN>

Thanks again for the invaluable info my friend.
Sponsored