skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
67FA0B0D-A264-4166-8504-19F7A8E63AE9.jpeg
Pic as promised . Will have to do for now…did wash process with slick and slide. Too much pollen to leave out after washing! Will use polish after decontamination with iron remover on next wash once trees done with spewing sex all over here in eastern PA
Man that looks really good. Glad to hear the slick and slide works great. I love Adams products, I have a few of them however I lean on P&S Beadmaker for my spray on topper/sealant. Will have to give slick and slide a try. I do have the Adams detail spray in my trunk for those quick removals of bird $H1T when they do a fly by and spot cleaning at car shows.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
So I finally got my third bucket yesterday :) I really needed a dedicated wheel bucket. I got it with a hang on caddy for the side that holds the brushes. My original 2 buckets are only 4 gallon but the new one is a 5 gallon. Will see if it speeds up my next wash routine. I need to wash my daily driver, it is filthy. Gonna try out my Carpro lift for the initial foam canon soak since it hasn't been washed in at least a month.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Adam’s Slick & Slide Detail Spray is what I ordered, D...did I miss something?

1684586561151.png
Excellent. :like:

I asked in reference to the below post on the previous page. Slick & Slide, Topper and OG Drying Aid are all the same base product called "Slipstream" from B&B Blending. Color, scent and branding separate them from one another.

For those who don't know, Adam's Slick & Slide is the same product as Xtreme Solutions Topper and Obsessed Garage Drying Aid.

Xtreme Solutions Topper is pink in color and peach scented.
Xtreme Solutions (877askxtreme.com)

xst101.jpg

OG Drying Aid is not colored or scented.
Drying Aid | Car Paint Protectant | Obsessed Garage

IMG-2836.jpg

Slick & Slide is yellow in color and has a fruity "Hawaiian Punch" scent.
Adam's Slick & Slide - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

IMG-4689.jpg

The great thing about all three is the ability for them to play well with ceramic coatings AND traditional waxes and sealants.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Excellent.
I'm most happy to know I got the correct stuff, D. <grinning> And, I was able to give it a whirl yesterday after finishing my damn irrigation repair. The car was clean but the wheels needed the rusty drips wiped off and, the tires needed a shine. Here are my grades:

Ease of use: 8
Slippery/wet: 0
Shine: 5
Result: ???

I like the product but, I'm not sure if I like it better than Perl. The results are extremely similar and I doubt I could tell the difference in a blind "taste" test.

The final data point will be how much dirt gets attracted to the rubber after a bit of driving.

Here are the photos. First is clean and dry:

1684666789037.png

Wolfgang's buffed:

1684666821780.png

Perl buffed:

1684666936402.png

What do y'all think?

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I'm seriously frustrated with my tires.

Rinse
Brake buster
Leave to dwell 3 minutes
Scrubbing ferociously with brush that's been in a brake buster wash water mix

Rinse after cleaning wheels

still dirty
Light browning in some spots
Smh

pilot sport 4s less then a year old. When I apply dressing you can it browning up looking very gross.

not sure if I'm doing something wrong )=

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
my weekly rinseless wash, I use turtlewax wax and dry
IMG_4896.jpeg
IMG_4897.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Rinse
Brake buster
Leave to dwell 3 minutes

still dirty
Smh

pilot sport 4s less then a year old. When I apply dressing you can it browning up looking very gross.

I usually have to hit mine at least twice. Try putting brake buster on the tires when they’re dry for the first go around. Wet tires dilutes it a little bit.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

Rinse
Brake buster
Leave to dwell 3 minutes

still dirty
Smh

I just got brake buster and I have found it works great on the wheels and tires as well if they aren't too bad, but for really stubborn tires I just got some Carpro Retyre. Holy crap, that stuff is amazing. I foamed it on the tires on my daily driver that hadn't been washed in 6 months (yes 6 months, yikes :) ). I rinsed, let dry for a bit, put on the Retyre (its a foaming cleaner) and let dwell for about 3 minutes. I could literally see the brown dissolving.. When I hit with my brush the brown literally rolled off the tires. It is amazing stuff. I used on my Mustang which gets much more frequent washes and it still turned pretty brown and got all the previous dressings off in one application and scrub. Just my $0.02, try Carpro Retyre.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Rinse
Brake buster
Leave to dwell 3 minutes

still dirty
Smh

You can also try my tire cleaner of choice, Gyeon Q2m tire cleaner. It is very effective. One round on my Mustang‘s tires suffice. My wife's really dirty tires takes two rounds.

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/gyeon-q2m-tire-cleaner/

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Rinse
Brake buster
Leave to dwell 3 minutes

still dirty
Smh

Welcome to Michelin Tire Cleaning Syndrome or MTCS!

While Michelin tires are brilliant, to the point I wouldn't consider anything else, they seem to be especially difficult to clean, and sometimes dress. In this case, I'm referencing the PS4S, but I also have a set of older PS3's that are equally frustrating.

I don't know what causes these tires to be resistant to cleaning, or accepting a dressing in an even, consistent manner. So, in order to get them truly clean, you need to get aggressive! Once you have them stripped clean, further maintenance from then on is simple.

I love Brake Buster, in fact I think it's my favorite tire cleaner when used at full stregth. But for the task at hand, you need to go for something more concentrated. Carpro ReTyre is a good option, although even that struggled for me. Shine Supply Wise Guy is another option, and I hear good things about Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner (not available in Australia).

Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner - 24 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image
Shine Supply Wise Guy - 16 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Scrub your tires as usual, you want a firm to stiff bristled brush. I like either the Tuf Shine brush or the Detail Factory version. Repeat the process two or three times if needed. Don't do any more than that though, the next step will take care of the rest.

IMG-3776.jpg

After that, dry the tires with a blower or towel.

Now, use Stoner's Tarminator to take the cleaning to the next level. This is an off-label use of Tarminator, but whatever is in it seems to work very well at stripping tires right back to their natural state.

Stoner Tarminator - 10 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

This stuff is potent. Tarminator can stain certain finishes if left to dry, so spray the product into a towel and not directly on the tires. Then rub the sidewall like crazy, reapplying product to the towel as needed. Choose your towel wisely, you will destroy this towel. Repeat for all tires.

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

You can also use mineral spirits/mineral turpentine for this step, but that seems to dry the rubber out too much. Tarminator also seems to prepare the tire to better accept a dressing.

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG-9686.jpg

IMG-3801.jpg

IMG-3809.jpg

In most cases, this process is not really needed. But as we have seen, these particular tires need something beyond what a normal tire cleaner, degreaser or APC can achieve. This is a process you won't need to do very often, once a year at the most. However, once done, you can then maintain them with your regular tire cleaner of choice.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1

While Michelin tires are brilliant, to the point I wouldn't consider anything else, they seem to be especially difficult to clean, and sometimes dress. In this case, I'm referencing the PS4S, but I also have a set of older PS3's that are equally frustrating.

I don't know what causes these tires to be resistant to cleaning, or accepting a dressing in an even, consistent manner. So, in order to get them truly clean, you need to get aggressive! Once you have them stripped clean, further maintenance from then on is simple.

I love Brake Buster, in fact I think it's my favorite tire cleaner when used at full stregth. But for the task at hand, you need to go for something more concentrated. Carpro ReTyre is a good option, although even that struggled for me. Shine Supply Wise Guy is another option, and I hear good things about Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner (not available in Australia).

Scrub your tires as usual, you want a firm to stiff bristled brush. I like either the Tuf Shine brush or the Detail Factory version. Repeat the process two or three times if needed. Don't do any more than that though, the next step will take care of the rest.

IMG-3776.jpg

Now, use Stoner's Tarminator to take the cleaning to the next level. This is an off-label use of Tarminator, but whatever is in it seems to work very well at stripping tires right back to their natural state.

This stuff is potent. Tarminator can stain certain finishes if left to dry, so spray the product into a towel and not directly on the tires. Then rub the sidewall like crazy, reapplying product to the towel as needed. Choose your towel wisely, you will destroy this towel. Repeat for all tires.

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

You can also use mineral spirits/mineral turpentine for this step, but that seems to dry the rubber out too much. Tarminator also seems to prepare the tire to better accept a dressing.

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG-9686.jpg

IMG-3801.jpg

IMG-3809.jpg

In most cases, this process is not really needed. But as we have seen, these particular tires need something beyond what a normal tire cleaner, degreaser or APC can achieve. This is a process you won't need to do very often, once a year at the most. However, once done, you can then maintain them with your regular tire cleaner of choice.
Oh my lord.... I thought I was going crazy. I figured there was something afoot. Thanks for info! I did my same technique on my daily rav 4 which gets tires done once a month and got better results. Nothing more dissatisfying then applying dressing and see it brown up )=

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1

IMG-3776.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9617.jpg

IMG-9686.jpg

IMG-3801.jpg

IMG-3809.jpg

my tar and bug remover showed up today!!! but cant try to clean till next week as rain is forecasted for next 5 days. I will bring back my findings!
Sponsored