Having trouble with white streaks after wash on Shadow Black

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Can you go somewhere else ( parent, friend ) and try to wash the car . That way water issue could be spotted if the result is different?
Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Pick up a TDS meter and Ph meter from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-0-05ph-Accuracy-Readout-Temperature/dp/B06XKMH86J

Find out where you stand. I have well water and the TDS was in the 250 range. I found a nice water filter system (dual 20") on Facebook Marketplace for $40. I bought a set of replacement cartridges for the CR Spotless for $165 and now have 0 TDS and a near neutral Ph of 7.9-8.0. The CR Spotless system is now just under $400 on Amazon which is a good deal for that system.

Amazon.com: CR Spotless DIW-20 Deionized Water System, 1 Pack : Automotive

There is also a small 10" cartridge system for just the final rinse for around a hundred bux but those cartridges won't last you very long.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I do a final rinse using a CR Spotless DIC-20 rig, (a second softener is all it is,)
Most household water softeners contain only the cation resins which are rejuvenated by dissolving salts in the container and rinsing the resin and expelling the salts. The CR Spotless has a mixed bed resin of both cation and anion resins to eliminate both the negatively and positively charged particles found in water.

I have an RV water softener and have both rejuvenated and (eventually) replaced the resins inside. I used this one on the RV https://www.amazon.com/Essential-RV-Water-Softener-Traveling/dp/B08XY7MZN1

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'd say step one is to stop using that soap. That soap has conditioners in it. Use something like Carpro Hydro2 instead. I actually use it every wash, doesn't foam up as much, but it isn't suppose to, but it extremely slippery. Every 4th wash or so I use reset. I also use Polish Angel as a drying aid every couple of washes. Do your next wash using carpro reset first.

Richard

Last edited:

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'd say step one is to stop using that soap. That soap has conditioners in it. Use something like Carpro Hydro2 instead. I actually use it every wash, doesn't foam up as much, but it isn't suppose to, but it extremely slippery. Every 4th wash or so I use reset. I also use Polish Angel as a drying aid every couple of washes.

Richard
Good catch! Yeh, don't use that soap on a coated car.

Here's a guy from youtube comparing different soaps using a foam cannon. I'm not convinced his methodology is exactly scientific but......he's got some good points and suggestions in a lot of his videos.

Best SOAP for your FOAM CANNON | Best Foaming Car Wash Soaps | Car Detailing and Car Wash Tips - YouTube

EDIT: I use Americana Global products as suggested by the dude that coated my car.

Americana Global - Premium Car Detailing Products

But really any soap that is recommended for ceramic coatings....even Honeydew snowfoam :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Can you 'Clay Bar' a coated car? looks like you need to get those streaks off that might have integrated into your coated material.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Can you 'Clay Bar' a coated car? looks like you need to get those streaks off that might have integrated into your coated material.
you really shouldn't. A good water spot remover would be best but as suggested above he should try a different soap w/out those "conditioners" and I bet those streaks will disappear on their own

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
you really shouldn't. A good water spot remover would be best but as suggested above he should try a different soap w/out those "conditioners" and I bet those streaks will disappear on their own
Carpro descale would be a good option for a water spot remover if the OP wishes to go that route.

Richard

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Carpro descale would be a good option for a water spot remover if the OP wishes to go that route.

Richard
haha I had typed in "acid" in previous response but didn't want to scare anybody. But that's what water spot remover is basically. Same as Carpro descale. acid and alkaline are two approaches just coming from opposite ends of the Ph spectrum

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I’ve seen this even with High End GSF/Adams, different soaps/foam sometimes get funky in the foam cannon. Try toning down your foam cannon mixture - you mentioned how fast it dries, your ratio might be too heavy if the foam starts drying too fast. If your using a foam cannon the consistency won’t dry up quickly if your ratio is correct. Shake Well, I’ve seen people make the mistake of filling a foam cannon, once it starts spewing bubbles foam out of the top they slap the top on - need more water. If your using an MTM foam cannon make sure the filter isn’t plugged jacking up the soap/water ratio.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'd say step one is to stop using that soap. That soap has conditioners in it. Use something like Carpro Hydro2 instead. I actually use it every wash, doesn't foam up as much, but it isn't suppose to, but it extremely slippery. Every 4th wash or so I use reset. I also use Polish Angel as a drying aid every couple of washes. Do your next wash using carpro reset first.

Richard
That could be a really important thing to check into. While Gold Class is a good soap, those conditioners would not be desirable on top of a coating. Although, I would probably hold off on the Hydr02 Foam soap until the problem element is isolated.

Richard
haha I had typed in "acid" in previous response but didn't want to scare anybody. But that's what water spot remover is basically. Same as Carpro descale. acid and alkaline are two approaches just coming from opposite ends of the Ph spectrum
I really love Descale, as a decon soap it's pretty much brilliant. As are the other soaps in the Carpro lineup. I have all three in my war chest at the moment -

IMG-2772.jpg

jul211.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

Reset in my opinion is the best soap on the market. While most soaps are pretty good, Reset is on a completely different page for slickness, scent, foaming quality and cleaning ability while also remaining pH neutral. From there, use the alkaline Lift or the acid Descale for decontaminating the paint when required.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'd say step one is to stop using that soap.
Couldn't agree more, it just about has to be the soap.

D: Some great suggestions and as usual, you gave me some grins...many thanks. :-)

I used this one on the RV
Joe: It looks like you have a little unit almost identical to the rig I started out with for an ESPRESSO machine. <chuckling> Yep, true but I REALLY disliked recharging it with salt. It sure did the job though and saved my first coffee machine from serious scale with the lousy city water we have. I still have the thing in the attic.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have a Shadow Black car also, but have no problems with streaks. I use Chemical Guys HoneyDew snowfoam soap in a foam gun, and have a small deionizer cartridge attached to hose for final rinse. And use a large drying towel.
Your problem is the Gold Class soap has conditioners, which should not be used on cars that have been ceramic coated. That is why they have soaps specifically for ceramic coated cars, that have no additives or conditioners.
Just change the soap, and you won't have to use any after wash sprays.