Sponsored

Base model owners - what do you think?

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I love my Base GT .

The seats are fantastic, in comfort, bolstering and feel.

The doors have part cloth/pleather (or vinyl?) type stuff. Which is nice but my hands are usually on the steering wheel/shifter ;)

All the buttons work great and feel solid. The screen is simple and easy to read. The backup camera is actually a step above other standard backup cameras. Very crisp, good resolution and the "guide lines" flow smoothly.

Stereo is good to me , but I'm coming from a 4 speaker base V6. Still, plenty of output and it's pretty damn clear.

To me, a large screen is extremely distracting. And after seeing the posts on how bright it is, I'm glad I passed. I think the base is perfectly setup (with the small screen in between the gauges for mechanical info, and the center console screen for media/entertainment).

I've always had base model cars...but this doesn't feel base at all. It's the upper middle class of base models if anything.

This is all subjective though. For all the people who need leather, a big screen and heated/cooled seats, I can see why they wouldn't be attracted to the base.

AASP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I'm eager to hear more from owners of base model cars, GT and EB. When I first started this odyssey I was set on the Premium due to leather, MFT, cool lighting, better stereo, etc., which also more or less limited me to the EB due to cost. The more time goes by the more I think I could live just fine without all that jazz much more easily than I could live with the regret of not getting the V8. (I coulda had a V8! :headbonk:) Seems like the novelty of most of the Premium extras might wear off after a while anyway, especially once MFT gets replaced/upgraded, etc. And there is always the aftermarket for any particular piece that I really have to have (though I will probably never get aftermarket leather seats, but you never know...).

How are owners of the base models liking them? Do you regret not getting the premium? Do you miss My Ford Touch, or is the base unit and stereo good enough for you? Are the seats quality? How about the dash and the interior lighting, still feel upscale enough? What about the rear bumper/diffuser, are you liking the look of the car without the body color rear diffuser? I should add that I'm also very concerned about the lack of selectable drive modes on the base models (don't really care about the toggle switches), since sport+ mode is supposedly so key for waking the car up, and snow/wet mode is something that I would really rely on. Do you feel like you are basically constrained to permanent 'normal' mode in the base car?
I have a V6, pretty much base the only difference is that it came with the 051 package and it added the LED fog lights, 18inch rims that looked bad ass, the door panels for some reason are covered in leather just like the premium versions, but I have cloth seats and I think they are amazing, in my opinion the stereo comes with all the features of the premium like voice command, Bluetooth, Sync, and a couple more features that I havent mess up with; like I said my car is a V6 but it drives perfectly, and you can feel a lot of power in that little V6 I use it as a daily driver so the MPG is working out really nice for me. In my opinion is better than the base EB since its a v6 and you can mod it and upgrade parts more easily, I was going to pick the EB but for some reason I feel like that engine is cap and it's not going to be able to perform better than it is since its basically a 4 cylinder. :thumbsup:

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
I ordered a v6 ruby red. 051a .auto trans. rear spoiler delete. enhanced security package. 3.55 rear. reverse park assist. A lot of comments about rental car I think not. I drove 5 new mustangs sure v8 is great!! Was not feeling the turbo Yahha engine. I am not going to chip it tune it or what ever going to put 150,000 miles on it and buy another. If I live that long in 60's now. V6 Mustang is faster quicker then my 68 Gto and handles better than any older corvette. and all at invoice. and regular gas

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
In my opinion is better than the base EB since its a v6 and you can mod it and upgrade parts more easily, I was going to pick the EB but for some reason I feel like that engine is cap and it's not going to be able to perform better than it is since its basically a 4 cylinder. :thumbsup:
Tunes only right now are pulling gains of +56 HP and +87 ft-lbs of torque for the EB, the limiting factor being the turbo and cooling system, not the engine.

This EB will be pretty stout. The V6 will be able to surpass it with a turbo system, but without forged internals, is a little bit more unstable. The EB will be cheaper to get more power, but it's limit will probably be right around the V6 limit without better internals.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I have a V6, pretty much base the only difference is that it came with the 051 package and it added the LED fog lights, 18inch rims that looked bad ass, the door panels for some reason are covered in leather just like the premium versions, but I have cloth seats and I think they are amazing, in my opinion the stereo comes with all the features of the premium like voice command, Bluetooth, Sync, and a couple more features that I havent mess up with; like I said my car is a V6 but it drives perfectly, and you can feel a lot of power in that little V6 I use it as a daily driver so the MPG is working out really nice for me. In my opinion is better than the base EB since its a v6 and you can mod it and upgrade parts more easily, I was going to pick the EB but for some reason I feel like that engine is cap and it's not going to be able to perform better than it is since its basically a 4 cylinder. :thumbsup:
If they add more features to the V6 (say in later 2015 or 2016) that would be my ideal car.

sgtcentipede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had intended on the base GT because of the price and it is even better than I expected (nice sound, hands free bluetooth etc, reverse camera, doesn't feel 'cheap'). The only thing I am wondering is if I want leather seats down the road how easy it is to install aftermarket seats (such as the recaros or something)?

OP
OP

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
I had intended on the base GT because of the price and it is even better than I expected (nice sound, hands free bluetooth etc, reverse camera, doesn't feel 'cheap'). The only thing I am wondering is if I want leather seats down the road how easy it is to install aftermarket seats (such as the recaros or something)?
I imagine it's easy enough, but will cost you a small fortune (I know a lot of people do it). Re-upholstering the cloth seats shouldn't be too bad. I say if you want Recaros just get them with the car, though I'm pretty skinny and when I sat in them they were way too aggressively bolstered even for me.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
I did not want leather. I carry eavry day no matter what. Don't like over time ripping the leather or wearing it down. If I feel the need to feel leather I'll just jump I'm my f250 king ranch. That's a nice interior

Sponsored

sgtcentipede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've had the car for two weeks now. The cloth seats may not be leather but they don't look nor feel cheap. Won't miss sticking to the seat in the summer.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've said it elsewhere, I'd love to order a base GT with PP and leather and nothing else. Zero interest in all the other fluff.

But noooooooo.....

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
My rear diffuser is body color no black plastic on it and it's a base

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh