corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just get (good) slotted rotors and call it done. Don't worry about impressing the people who are impressed by drilled rotors. Forget you even thought of DIY-drilling a perfectly good rotor.

Keep in mind that rotors eventually become "consumables" just like pads, fluids, and tires.

Norm
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I posted pics earlier in this post and I'm still going strong with the rotors. I run my g-loc's still for road course track with highly aggressive braking and still also running the Z23's for the street. Rotors are still perfect with no warping or vibration. Completely happy with them.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I posted pics earlier in this post and I'm still going strong with the rotors. I run my g-loc's still for road course track with highly aggressive braking and still also running the Z23's for the street. Rotors are still perfect with no warping or vibration. Completely happy with them.
Any noise when braking?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well when the G-loc's are on going to and from track they make lots of noise until they are track hot but that's to be expected. With the Z23's, they are always quiet and make hardly if any dust. G-loc's will be on next Sunday for Thunderhill. :thumbsup:

bandit67

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2007 SPJ 302, 2019 Ranger
As others have mentioned, DO NOT GET DRILLED ROTORS if you're running on a road course - they will crack starting at the holes, necessitating replacement quite a bit sooner than slotted only (that is as long as you catch it before they fall apart on track). I've seen some pretty scary looking drilled rotors that were caught between sessions just before it appeared they would have caused a nasty wreck the next time out.

Even for street use after what I've seen of drilled rotors on track, I'm only comfortable with slotted-only rotors.

So in my opinion, spend the extra money on the more difficult to find slotted rotors. Also, 2-piece will last a lot longer on track because they handle the temperature related expansion & contraction a lot better than one piece rotors.

Now, if you can handle thousands for the carbon ceramic drilled rotors, then you can go drilled on track.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Well when the G-loc's are on going to and from track they make lots of noise until they are track hot but that's to be expected. With the Z23's, they are always quiet and make hardly if any dust. G-loc's will be on next Sunday for Thunderhill. :thumbsup:
I will be bugging you w these brake pads since my Baer is coming soon lol

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I will be bugging you w these brake pads since my Baer is coming soon lol
Going to make a switch to the Ferodo brand for the track this time for myself but we will get you into whatever brand you want. That means you're going to the track with your car buddy.

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I know a few guys do have them. Their lightness is their appeal!! Or you could be like me and just go all out.....LOL Whooopss :)
brakes2.jpg
Are you still running these? I'm contemplating getting a full set of the rotors without the holes.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
I have them, they are worth the money. The stock rotors are very heavy.

F1674FA4-09AA-4166-ACCE-EAD6FFFAFE43.jpeg
7EFF5E99-9E02-4430-BCE2-3909D8338600.jpeg
332952D3-854D-4795-BBE0-2A29159FD41A.jpeg
3779FD09-DFC6-4527-A2F3-E216AF57ABAB.jpeg

Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
I purchased them through lethal performance. You can order them anyway you want - slotted, plain, drilled and slotted...