Avoid Opt7

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Installed my Opt7 smoked arrow turn signals this weekend, same problem as mentioned above. Contacted them and was told I could get store credit, since I got them for Christmas from the girlfriend. Total waste of money and time. The install was straight forward and the looked good. Just wished they actually worked. I'm really disappointed with aftermarket companies these days, everything is trash when it comes to cosmetic mods.
Sponsored

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I have had my Winjet turn signals from CJ Pony Parts on for several weeks now, and they still work great. I check them every time I pull up behind somebody whose car is reflective enough to see them. They're the same price as the Opt7s but they work.

20200224_175706.gif

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

Stone pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT/CS
I installed the opt7 lights recently. No other mods to lights up front other than, fogs with high beams via forscan. No problems with the opt7's yet. Operation is as advertised.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Updated title: Use caution when buying Opt7 Arrow Sequential Mustang LED Front Turn Signal Pair w/Switchback DRL for 15-17 if you have a 2016 Mustang GT. Opt7 themselves seem like good people

I purchased Opt7 Arrow Sequential Mustang LED Front Turn Signal Pair w/Switchback DRL for 15-17 - White Amber Light Left Right [Smoked] for my 2016 Mustang GTPP 7 months ago. Ever since I installed the lights they do not sequence properly unless my headlights are on. When the headlights are off the turn signal lights sequence erratically which are a hazard to other drivers and flat out embarrassing.
Randotheking, I recommend getting some Diode-Dynamics LEDs for your lighting needs. They make a quality product and I can hook you up on whatever Diode-Dynamics products you need! Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to place an order! @LethalPerformance

Sponsored

AndJake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Bagged Ecoboost Mustang
I’ve had 2 sets of the switchbacks and both always either go out of sync or the drl goes out or very dim

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
I installed the opt7 lights recently. No other mods to lights up front other than, fogs with high beams via forscan. No problems with the opt7's yet. Operation is as advertised.
I just installed a set of OPT7's on my 2015 GT an they are working fine for me as well. Hopefully they stay that way.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
FYI as followup I've tried 3 brand new sets and none of them work. Basically these either work for your car or they don't. There is no special version for certain model years etc etc etc
Opt7 really needs to take these off of the market and fix them or never sell again. I'm selling my used pair but it's a bit ridiculous that I have to warn the buyer that they may not work.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
See my signature on how to fix the ones that don't work. I did @Grimmer fix on mine and they work perfect. Now I did the install initially with that fix because I didn't want to have to take them out if they didn't work and I knew Grimmers fix would work.
Sponsored