Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine put in, but haven't buttoned everything up, yet. What did everybody do with the plug that has no mate? It was a secondary plug on the stock turn signals. It's a smaller, gray plug. Did you cover it up with something and zip tie it in place? If so, what did you cover it with? Maybe electrical tape across the face and heat shrink?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I squirted some dielectric grease into the contacts then covered the face with electrical tape then wrapped it with electrical tape around the plug (to capture the tails of the piece of tape that covers the front) and up the wire a bit. Although the "around the plug" part could be better with heat shrink so it won't loosen over time as tape always seems to do.

Then zip tie it to the other cable or somewhere to keep it from flopping around.

It would be nice if they included caps for the extra plugs.

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I just used the first method with the diode dynamics harness. Worked great for about a week. Now they are back to not working correctly.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Mine is still going good after almost two years, car lives outdoors in Central Florida.

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I just used the first method with the diode dynamics harness. Worked great for about a week. Now they are back to not working correctly.
The original issue I had was that the Arrows worked perfectly until I started the engine. With it running they would not sequence properly unless I turned the marker lights on to activate their internal white light. Forcing the Arrow's white light on is what convinced the signal sequence to behave when the engine was running.

Do your Arrows work properly when your engine is not running?

Yes, go to next question
No, defective Arrows

Are the white lights of the Arrows still coming on when the ignition is turned on and the car's marker light circuit is off?

Yes, possibly defective Arrows or maybe they revised their design and keeping the white light on no longer convinces the newer design's signal sequence to behave.
No, check that ecah wiring harness and diode pack are still intact and connected.

One of my hand made diode packs (driver's side) crapped out recently so I'll be replacing it this weekend. I don't know if it just came unplugged or if the lead broke from vibration over the years, but since I have to get under it and open the plastics to find out, I will just replace both side diode packs with the Hopkins units. (It is the marker light half that stopped working, so the driver side stays dark when locking/unlocking the doors, but otherwise it is working just fine.

Sponsored

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My issue with them is that they have been so inconsistent. Sometimes they sequence when they are supposed to sometimes they flicker, and have even had them just signal orange as the stock ones would have.

since using the diode dynamics harness the white lights are always on, which is fine, but when I hit the signal the corresponding fog light will turn off(normal) and the white arrow lights stay on like nothing is happening. They do seem to act correctly when the engine is off and key is on.

I have verified everything is still plugged in correctly.

when I contacted them about warranty they offered to take them back and give me a discount on the v3 they are supposed to be releasing in April. I informed them that I was going to go ahead and give this method a try and they sent me a 25% refund. Guess I should have taken them up on the first offer. Lol

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I got under the car to swap out the diode pack and found that it wasn't the diode pack but rather the connector that OPT used. It was completely corroded internally including the marker light pin being broken and missing...

1645344574146.jpg

Perhaps your connector is in similar condition but with a messed up turn signal or ground pin instead.

OP
OP
Grimmer

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
when I contacted them about warranty they offered to take them back and give me a discount on the v3 they are supposed to be releasing in April. I informed them that I was going to go ahead and give this method a try and they sent me a 25% refund. Guess I should have taken them up on the first offer. Lol
When I purchased my OPT Arrows, the Diode Dynamics units were not available (production issues); however, they are back on their website (although currently back ordered). They can be set to US or European sequencing rates, or set for no sequencing.

Sequential LED Turn Signals for 2015-2017 Ford Mustang (pair) (USDM) (diodedynamics.com)

If there is no simple fix for your Arrows, you can give them a try.

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ll have to take another gander at the Opt7 connector and make sure all the pins look okay.

can’t see myself buying the diode dynamics signals, as they just don’t look as good. Might just have to call it and return them to stock.
Sponsored