Sponsored

Avoid Opt7

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Updated title: Use caution when buying Opt7 Arrow Sequential Mustang LED Front Turn Signal Pair w/Switchback DRL for 15-17 if you have a 2016 Mustang GT. Opt7 themselves seem like good people

I purchased Opt7 Arrow Sequential Mustang LED Front Turn Signal Pair w/Switchback DRL for 15-17 - White Amber Light Left Right [Smoked] for my 2016 Mustang GTPP 7 months ago. Ever since I installed the lights they do not sequence properly unless my headlights are on. When the headlights are off the turn signal lights sequence erratically which are a hazard to other drivers and flat out embarrassing.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Update: Opt7 contacted me through my original case from last year and explained that all their new inventory should fix this problem. I'm going to give it one more try... really tired of swapping out these lights. My hands hurt lol

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
this looks like a better solution

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Those look nice, no name brand or reviews? Wondering how close the white is to the headlights.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
You can A. Solve the problem yourself, Google it...

B. Use one of the handfuls of alternative products, morimoto, ijdm, or any of the other rebranded ones on AliExpress.

C. What's wrong with the DiodeDynamics ones? They are actually the ones that are made in the USA. Have an unbeatable warranty and support process and won't have components that will slowly die..

Sponsored

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
You can A. Solve the problem yourself, Google it...

B. Use one of the handfuls of alternative products, morimoto, ijdm, or any of the other rebranded ones on AliExpress.

C. What's wrong with the DiodeDynamics ones? They are actually the ones that are made in the USA. Have an unbeatable warranty and support process and won't have components that will slowly die..
DD is shit quality. Constantly break and pop out of the socket. Great customer service, sure, but I'm tired of changing out lights.

Opt7 promises me this new set will work, we'll see

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'm hoping it works out for you. I have Opt7's but I am hesitant to install because of all the issues. I will probably go with diodes and DD harness to make them work as they should. Opt7 did send the "resistor" harness that they say fixes issues, but I don't see that solving of them being on, white, under normal driving conditions.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I had a feeling that would happen...so frustrating. Now to get them to work properly, we have to spend more money. So it's the diodes and DD harness for me then.

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
DD is shit quality. Constantly break and pop out of the socket. Great customer service, sure, but I'm tired of changing out lights.

Opt7 promises me this new set will work, we'll see
I was having an issue with mine popping out multiple times so I emailed DD just to let them know my dissatisfaction, even though I purchased from LMR. They sent me a brand new set with revised connector two days later, as well as a return slip for the old ones. Best customer service experience I’ve had with aftermarket parts. Best of all, they stay in the socket and are an excellent match to the factory lighting.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Opt7 has decided to refund me even though I'm outside of the 60 day return period. I plan on sending the newest set back
Oh well, guess I will try the ones Blade007 posted. Not a fan of the 2018+ versions

Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
So just watched videos of about everything out there and I'm not really sold on any of the styles/price.

I think I may just convert the stock bulbs to LEDs, assuming they match nicely with the fogs/headlights.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I actually had the same issues with the lights on my 2015 model. Told them about it and said theres something different with 2015s, idk. I just got a refund. They were the smoked versions i bought.

I actually bought another mustang with the OPT7s already installed. 2016 GTPP. They look to be the original clear housing ones and they work flawlessly. Lights on or off.
Sponsored