Sponsored

Opt7 Arrow (Beware)

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
The problems began as soon as these lights had been delivered. The passenger light was not working as soon as I plugged the lights in.

I contacted Opt7 and they had shipped out a brand new light free of charge after waiting a few days for them to respond to my concern. A few weeks go by and my driver side light begins to flicker when my signal is on making the car look cheap and trashy. It had seemed as if my LEDs had began to burn out. Contact Opt7 again and they sent a replacement free of charge after contacting me as I had been waiting a few days. Both of these issues had been resolved with no expectation to ship the lights back. I had even insisted I would be willing to if they had provided a shipping label for the faulty light to go back so they could diagnose the issue. Being skeptical about these lights, I had a feeling this would happen again. Fast forward another month or so, the passenger side starts exhibiting similar issues as the driver side had.

Last week, I had contacted Opt7 to sort this issue out. I even offered to pay for a replacement light at cost to keep my warranty active as I felt this was just my bad luck, however, they had stated that I would need to take my light off and ship it at MY EXPENSE to them so they could diagnose and make their faulty product better. Meaning I would have to remove my front bumper for the 3rd time and uninstall the light, ship it to them, and have them ship me a new light upon arrival. Leaving my daily driver out of commission. They opted to send me a new light and pause my warranty and activate it until I ship them the defective light with my own money.

What amazes me is that they expect the customer to pay and ship the defective product back and then make the customer wait a week to receive a replacement costing valuable time. If they had just given me a shipping label I wouldn't have been this pissed off. I don't even want to reinstall the new light as I know this will happened again. If you own the Arrow, please make sure they are functioning properly as this has been a massive headache and a waste of $240 (Canadian). Live and Learn. BUYER BEWARE save yourself the headache.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bert03GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
That sucks, I’ve had them on my list just haven’t decided. Guess I’ll just stick with stock.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I've been running Opt7 LED's in my wifes 2011 explorer for the last couple of years with no issues.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks for posting your feedback.

I have the OPT7s, they worked perfectly at first, but then after a few days they started only working right when the headlights are on. When headlights are off the OPT7s do not come on at all unless the blinker is on, and the sequential is all messed up and not in the right order. Weird that it started off working and now isnt.

I've been meaning to contact them about it but haven't gotten the chance. It seems like a programming issue so I think I am just going to use Forscan to set them on during the day and then everything should return to normal. Overall though I am still happy with them even if that doesnt fix the daytime issue, they look great at night.
Sponsored