Sponsored

Average Long Tube Header Install Cost

iPrey06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Average might be a wide range..

but.. what is the norm round about cost for a mechanic to install long tube headers?
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
$600 here.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
It obviously varies based on the shop, but its a fairly straight forward process honestly, I've done them myself on jackstands in 4 hours. So with that in mind, I would say around 500ish would be a price to look for, but rates are going up at the moment so it will probably be a bit higher than that sadly. If you don't already have a set yet, feel free to shoot me a message and I can get you some for a great price! Lethalperformance.com

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Average might be a wide range..

but.. what is the norm round about cost for a mechanic to install long tube headers?
$500-650 would be typical amount charged for a headers install. If you need some headers check us out here at www.lethalperformance.com

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hell you can count on one hand the shops that would even do it in S.Cali, let alone sell them here.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Cost me $500 on my 17 GT back in 2017. Would pay it again to not have to do that install.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
750 here

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was quoted $800 when I was looking around but then I had to replace my engine and just had them installed while the old engine was out. They didn't charge me anything extra to install them actually.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I doubt any shop is doing it for less than $900. Sure they all say whatever amount. But then you get there and they don't use the gaskets you bought or the bolts you have are incorrect and they have to order it with next day shipping or something needs to be fabbed or one of your stock bolts stripped and they need an extra day to fix it or it's hitting and they have to adjust it. If they quote you less than $900 then just be prepared to spend up to $1200 due to extra costs and have a 2 day down time.

Not saying its a scam. Just saying extra stuff pops up all the time and before you know it you're a good few hundred bucks over the quote.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Finding a shop to do it is going to be hard. Any shop that does it is taking a huge risk. You might get a mechanic to do it as a side job but if you do don’t expect it to be done over night.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Finding a shop to do it is going to be hard. Any shop that does it is taking a huge risk. You might get a mechanic to do it as a side job but if you do don’t expect it to be done over night.
I don’t see the OP having issues with this in Virginia.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
It obviously varies based on the shop, but its a fairly straight forward process honestly, I've done them myself on jackstands in 4 hours. So with that in mind, I would say around 500ish would be a price to look for, but rates are going up at the moment so it will probably be a bit higher than that sadly. If you don't already have a set yet, feel free to shoot me a message and I can get you some for a great price! Lethalperformance.com
Man If you're doing them that fast you need to do a write up with all the shortcuts you take. Most people I've seen online take about 8-12hrs. Book time from for for both sides 4.3 hrs for driver and 4.9 hrs for passenger.
Sponsored