Sponsored

Average cost of headers install?

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
I do them locally out of my garage for people. Have installed 10+ sets on 11+ mustangs. Two sets so far on 15+ mustangs. I charge $200. I just did sick03L's on here.
And you did an excellent job, no leaks, no scratches or boo boos ( my biggest fear ).
Anyone looking for an awesome price on header install in SWFL.... Hit up this guy lol. I would of lost money taking off work or time away from my daughter vs the $200 install price.

Thanks again bro!
Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
And you did an excellent job, no leaks, no scratches or boo boos ( my biggest fear ).
Anyone looking for an awesome price on header install in SWFL.... Hit up this guy lol. I would of lost money taking off work or time away from my daughter vs the $200 install price.

Thanks again bro!
Glad you're happy buddy. I understand shops have overhead but to me it's outrageous for the price for a header install that some shops charge. Glad I can help people out.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Glad you're happy buddy. I understand shops have overhead but to me it's outrageous for the price for a header install that some shops charge. Glad I can help people out.
Hmmm I may have business to send your way

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's half the cost of it up here lol just a little drive
No problem! Let me know. I had a guy drive over from Miami for me to do his headers. Every shop he told me wanted around $700 for
Install. He drove over, I installed them and drove back for under $300

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Do I get the BFF discount from here forward? Lol

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes! Give me your wheels lol

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
A) If you don't like the price that they charge for their (skilled, when it comes to doing performance work on cars) labor, you don't have to go. That's the beauty of the free market.

B) The mechanic isn't getting that $130/hour, there's overhead you have to think about as well. Just the same as a lawyer that bills out at $400 doesn't get $400/hr, etc etc. Tools/materials/mortgage or lease/insurance/electricity isn't free, you know...
All very true. But AF One is correct. $130 is absurd.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
$130 an hour--you must be kidding. Why do auto mechanics think that's an fair wage for turning wrenches--other professions, like nursing that require a college degree, passing a certification state test and are ther assisting during you surgery, saving lives etc, don't make $40 an hour. Teachers teaching your kids, Law Enforcement, not even $40. $130 an hour to install headers or change oil--your on another planet
i agree 130/hr is insane but thats not even close to a fair comparison. The techs don't walk away with 130/hr that is just what the work costs. example: when you go to a hospital you aren't paying 20$/hr (whatever a nurses wage is idk) to be there. there is rent to pay, insurance, employees, power, tools, maintenance on equipment, advertising, etc.

edit: noticed i thread dug this and what i said has been covered... fml

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
Shop out here in Phoenix charges $300 for installs and hes only open in the evening so it doesnt inconvenient you