Automatic or Manual?

• Total voters

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Bob, this wasn’t meant to be a serious/political comment. But if you’re going to allow a one single person to prevent you from watching a worldwide sporting event maybe you should stick to transmissions.
I need to see random acts of death to make it interesting. Running Man with world class athletes, wayward javelins, hammers, gators in the water hazards, snakes in the sand pit, and the suddenly deflating high-jump/pole-vault landing cushions. Spectators with signs for the bike races, exploding volleyballs, Judo/wrestling mats with pop-up spikes, lead-filled tennis-balls fired from a rotating turret at the runners on track etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
The 10 speed automatic can't survive full load for more than a few laps, can't race when you're going all out for 20, 30, 45 minutes.
I kept a good eye on my temps when i had mine on the track. i did a fair amount of "cool off laps when i would stop pushing it and/or take it out of sport and put it into normal to keep it from shifting so often. honestly the engine oil temp was the first to make me get off the track. it went up out of "normal" and into "warm" and i backed off big time for a few laps. i was out there for a good hour but i was not pushing it that whole time. i wouldnt have felt comfortable with doing that. still changed the oil soon after getting home-think it still had over 50 % life remaining according to the oil life gauge, not sure if it was necessary to change but did anyways. but i would agree based on the temps i saw that i would not be comfortable pushing it 100% for an hour without some cooling mods.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
ive had both - i def prefer manual but got a decent deal on my 2018 with the 10spd and its a lot of fun. Time will tell. But i will tell you this, if i didnt get an auto id still be in the grocery getting SUV(wife wants to drive it)...

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
That's interesting because I don't have those issues with mine. I spend about 75% of the time in drive, 25% in sport. When I'm in the city I have a very comfortable ride and don't have any hunting; it's always where it needs to be. And it's super smooth...no jerking. If I step on it, there is a very slight hesitation as it finds a gear but nothing worse than the Fusion, Edge or any other autos I've had. I use Sport when I'm having a fun-run through the canyons or whatever and it's certainly a different experience, and definitely not smoother than Drive for me. I wonder if a reflash would help.
this has honestly been my experience as well, which prompted the question. i have heard multiple times people saying the A10 was annoying to live with for regular driving, so curious as to precisely what people are experiencing. i think i may have even read that in one of the main magazine reviews (MT, C&D- forget which but one of those).

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Bob, this wasn’t meant to be a serious/political comment. But if you’re going to allow a one single person to prevent you from watching a worldwide sporting event maybe you should stick to transmissions.
you're right.....my appologies

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No need Bob :like: I understand you’re going insane waiting for your new car. But it’s coming, I promise.
the insanity has been here a lot longer than my order date...I've had lots of time to perfect it :crackup:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
ive had both - i def prefer manual but got a decent deal on my 2018 with the 10spd and its a lot of fun. Time will tell. But i will tell you this, if i didnt get an auto id still be in the grocery getting SUV(wife wants to drive it)...
Same situation with wife, Auto Mach 1 or no Mach 1...lol

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Same here Dan. I really wanted a Bullitt but not bad enough to get a knee replacement.
Did you guys actually drive a manual? I've never driven a car with such and easy clutch. Unless you aren't able to walk, I don't see how the clutch in these cars could be an issue. It doesn't take much more effort than the gas pedal. :giggle:

Deleted member 35644

this has honestly been my experience as well, which prompted the question. i have heard multiple times people saying the A10 was annoying to live with for regular driving, so curious as to precisely what people are experiencing. i think i may have even read that in one of the main magazine reviews (MT, C&D- forget which but one of those).
My biggest gripe (after they flashed my TCM and checked fluid level for lurching) was the jolt it would give me when I'd slow down on the highway, and accelerate back up to speed. If you're not driving it 9/10, it feels caught off guard and not ready to do what you're asking. When you're hauling ass, it seems happy.

The other annoyance is how it downshifts if you have to stop quickly for a red light that you thought would stay green. I drove the Convertible the other day, and I was highly annoyed by the time I got home. I don't think it's necessary for the transmission to help with deceleration to that degree when you're just driving around. My sister-in-law's 2017 Ecoboost with the 6AT does none of that, and from what I'm reading, Ford and Chevy trucks with the 10 speed are smooth and very well behaved. If I want snappy, neck-jerking shifts and aggressive compression braking, that should be a job for Sport Mode. It should be more oldster friendly when in Normal Mode, IMO.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the shell in your avatar the current state of the 68 fastback?
yes it is.....we have all new quarters, fenders and door skins from Dynacorn. Already replaced the floors and front supports. This was my best friends car. He bought it and restored it in 1977. We became friends in 1978 so I've been in this stang from way back. Unfortunately he had it under a tarp in his yard for the last few years and it went downhill. He gave it to my son two years ago. Just takes time and money :) We're hoping to get it rolling by winter so at least we can move it around in the garage and maybe have room for my new ride as well. :)

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
I would rather be fast so I went with the auto. Hard to give up over a half a second and the consistency of a auto
So just out of curiosity. Other than if you track the car, how are you seeing the 1/2 second difference? Unless you are racing everyone away from red lights, it is just simply silly, right? A quarter mile or 0-60 time in daily driving is just a moot point. The ability to pass when needed, accelerate on the on ramps, have some fun with highway pulls, make some engine and exhaust noise etc is what our cars do off track, right? The half second is just not an issue in my opinion.
Sponsored