Sponsored

Auto Rim Shop: Avoid.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I have been unhappy with the graphite color of the SVE SP2 wheels with my Kona Blue car so I set out to get a set of real PP2 wheels, weight be damned.

The best deal that I found was a “refurbished” set through Auto Rim Shop…I didn’t need them to be flawless and they made promises about the condition anyway so I gave them a shot. Well, the whole experience sucked from beginning to end.

First, I received one wheel promptly with no indication of where the others were.

I called their customer service number to ask what was up which had me on hold for 20 damn minutes before cutting me off. I called back a while later and spent another 20 minutes of my life on hold before my call was dropped again!

On My next attempt, I went through a vendor customer service path and actually spoke to someone! The guy couldn’t help me but sent an IM to “Dan” who was assigned to my order and I was assured a call back…no word from Dan until a 9pm email came through with three tracking numbers that included the one I already received…W T F?

Evidentially, they did not have a second rear wheel ready to go, nearly a week after my order was placed. They couldn’t even guess as to when it would be ready and they had no plans to tell me this. The wording of the email was straight up obtuse from a customer service perspective but not every customer service rep can be expected to provide customer service so…whatever. I waited through the weekend and again, late in the day, I was sent tracking numbers. This time there were four! Finally…but oh crap. One of them is just indicating that the label had been printed. The other two had “check back later” delivery dates for some reason. So I still had no idea when my order would be filled.

Then out of nowhere, UPS updates all four saying they would arrive today! Hot damn. I was relieved and psyched…right up until I opened the boxes and put them side by side. I have four different colors! Two are close but not exact…but the other two are ridiculous. One is way too dark, one is basically silver.

Avoid avoid avoid Auto Rim Shop. You are welcome.

E31EC27A-C64D-4E14-AFEC-999635B4EA54.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And yes, these are going back.

If anyone knows of anyone selling their PP2 wheels, a PM heads up would be much appreciated.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Unbelievable! Sorry they F'd up epically. Nothing surprises me anymore. Quality is job none nowadays.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Sorry to hear.

I’ve dealt with them on some wheels for my gt350r as a backup set to street instead of my carbon wheels.

They were fast shipping and arrived as I ordered.

They look great also.

Hope it gets sorted.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have been unhappy with the graphite color of the SVE SP2 wheels with my Kona Blue car so I set out to get a set of real PP2 wheels, weight be damned.

The best deal that I found was a “refurbished” set through Auto Rim Shop…I didn’t need them to be flawless and they made promises about the condition anyway so I gave them a shot. Well, the whole experience sucked from beginning to end.

First, I received one wheel promptly with no indication of where the others were.

I called their customer service number to ask what was up which had me on hold for 20 damn minutes before cutting me off. I called back a while later and spent another 20 minutes of my life on hold before my call was dropped again!

On My next attempt, I went through a vendor customer service path and actually spoke to someone! The guy couldn’t help me but sent an IM to “Dan” who was assigned to my order and I was assured a call back…no word from Dan until a 9pm email came through with three tracking numbers that included the one I already received…W T F?

Evidentially, they did not have a second rear wheel ready to go, nearly a week after my order was placed. They couldn’t even guess as to when it would be ready and they had no plans to tell me this. The wording of the email was straight up obtuse from a customer service perspective but not every customer service rep can be expected to provide customer service so…whatever. I waited through the weekend and again, late in the day, I was sent tracking numbers. This time there were four! Finally…but oh crap. One of them is just indicating that the label had been printed. The other two had “check back later” delivery dates for some reason. So I still had no idea when my order would be filled.

Then out of nowhere, UPS updates all four saying they would arrive today! Hot damn. I was relieved and psyched…right up until I opened the boxes and put them side by side. I have four different colors! Two are close but not exact…but the other two are ridiculous. One is way too dark, one is basically silver.

Unbelievable.
Where is the pride in workmanship and quality these days?

In 2021, it should be VERY easy to paint match a rim colour with the digital technology they use for auto body paint matching.

You've every right to be upset, and I wish you luck with the return processing, as the purchase transaction has been a nightmare, as you outlined.

Sponsored

MidlifecrisisGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT

I just dealt with Auto Rim Shop also. The first set of rims they sent me was completely the wrong ones. I was then told that I had to wait for a second set of rims to be finished. I received two rims from Texas and the other two rims came from Indiana. When I opened the last box the inside of the rim looked just like someone had lifted it up while it was still wet. I had the same problem trying to contact customer service that you did where I would be on hold and then all of a sudden it would say there was no one available to take my call. I finally got in touch with someone and they told me I had to send the rim back and they would refinish it. It took just about a full month from start to finish to get everything straightened out. I finally got all the rims done as they should be and had them
Before.jpg
mounted yesterday.

After.jpg

Inside Rim.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yea, even on a mobile or PC monitor, the colors aren't even close to each other... and most likely because they were "refurb'd" at different locations.

If you paid by CC, you should make them aware too this way there's no shenanigans with your return and you're protected for the full value paid.

That's a bad way to do business... I mean, if they didn't have all (4) at a single location when the order was placed why string customers along into believing such when it's only going to cause issues....

Are they on eBay? I know there's an eBay Seller that always has Ford take off rims or does refurbs, just wondering if it's them. IIRC, I think that eBay Seller is out of Detroit, so maybe not same shop at all.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT

Do they have an old blind man In the shipping Dept. That's embarassing wow.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wanted to share an update and I’d like to moderate my earlier comments on Dan, the customer service rep. He had sent an email this morning updating me on the impending delivery and was diligently following up on the progress of the shipment, which I didn’t see until later in the day. It represents a huge improvement in communication and is much appreciated.

He also responded quickly to my email/photo of the mismatching colors and said they agreed that the wheels didn’t match and that they would do an exchange.
We’ll see how the exchange goes…but I’m encouraged.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I will say that the customer service turned a 180. I got daily updates from "Dan" who was very polite and helpful...so that vastly improved since my original post here.

The wheels finally came back after several slipped promise dates...my hopes were raised a bit since it seemed like they were getting individual attention, with someone checking to verify that they matched before shipping them out again.

Well, I'm not sure what to think. They do match petty much spot on. Close enough in that regard. There are a few flaws in the paint but overall, the quality looks pretty good.

The part that I'm torn about is that they just matched the other three to the darkest wheel...which is, I'm pretty sure, darker than OEM PP2 finish.

Here are some pics next to my "gunmetal" SVE PP2s (which were too dark to go with the Kona paint IMO)...tried to show a couple different angles...

My main question is how far are these off from OEM PP2 hyper finish?

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple more….

D997A0A5-4972-4B8F-9219-318A6D2CE56D.jpeg

7FA6841A-EA1B-4495-9171-684A0D000735.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
A couple more….

D997A0A5-4972-4B8F-9219-318A6D2CE56D.jpeg

7FA6841A-EA1B-4495-9171-684A0D000735.jpeg
I think they look really good. Color-wise they look lighter than the gunmetal SVE and match nicely with your car. Get some rubber on them and roll with it. :clap:

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
why the hell does ford have 4 different colors of the same wheel.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why the hell does ford have 4 different colors of the same wheel.
They don’t. These wheel resellers refinish them, apparently with scattershot consistency.