Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Ooooh gotcha. I know for sure Ford has two finishes on certain wheels, the OEM finish and then the Ford Performance finish, which is usually matte black.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Ooooh gotcha. I know for sure Ford has two finishes on certain wheels, the OEM finish and then the Ford Performance finish, which is usually matte black.
Correct. The OEM/stock wheels for the PP2 trim have the hyper silver finish. The For Performance offering seems to be the same wheel but with a matte black finish. IIRC, they also offer a less aggressive front wheel offset.

My problem was that the guy(s) working the refinishing spray booth were just guessing about the hyper finish and hoping for the best.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Yesterday morning, I went to have a set of Supercar 3s mounted up and one of the rear rims is bent. Not obvious until they spun it up on the balancer before mounting (per my request).

I’m done. Returning just one wheel would certainly mean another mismatched set. Not going through that again.

I sent a note to Dan asking to return them and once again, I’m getting the silent treatment. Email sent around 11AM yesterday so it hasn’t been 24 hours yet.

Very mixed experience with Auto Rim Shop but in the end it was a fruitless debacle.

I still want OEM PP2 19x11/19x10.5 I’m back to looking for a set of takeoffs. If anyone knows of a set, please drop me a PM.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That F'n sucks! So sorry because those rims looked really good.

I wonder if they are buying factory seconds or rims from wrecked cars and refinishing without a QC check?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That F'n sucks! So sorry because those rims looked really good.

I wonder if they are buying factory seconds or rims from wrecked cars and refinishing without a QC check?
That's exactly what these shops do - get used wheels from scrap yards etc and then supposedly straighten them out and refinish them.

Some will allow you to send your original curb rashed one in for a swap but be aware they'll almost always say that your rim is bent so they can charge you more for "straightening" them ... and you hope the one you get back is color-matched.
Sponsored