Sponsored

Just had winters installed and shop scratched all four rims..

DIBstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
So I had a new set of Bliizzaks installed on my GT PP yesterday. I picked the car up in the rain, so it was hard to see the rims in any detail. So today I wash rims and look closely and see that ALL four rims are now scratched.

There are scratches in the face of the rim just beyond the edges of the lug nut holes. All I can picture is that the person dragged the wrench across the rim when going from lug to lug.

I immediately called the place back and was told that the scratches must have happened after they worked on it because it was inspected when they were done. in other words, their first response was it wasn't them. I am stopping by there in 2 days and also sent an email complaint to customer service.

I am not naming the place yet until I see what happens, but I am sure you can imagine the anger seeing all 4 PP rims on a 3 month old car scratched up.
Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Sorry to hear that. Give them hell!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Man I wouldn't waste time getting back to the shop. I would take I back the next business day, sad to hear but places just generally don't seem to care about other people's vehicles if it isn't there own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
My dealer put a huge gouge in my front right during an alignment - they denied they did it but stepped to the plate and had it repaired at their cost. A while back, I had a set of four BBSs destroyed by a Tire Rack recommended shop that assured me they could do 18" alloys without so much as a scratch.

You just can't win with these shops anymore.

OP
OP

DIBstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
Believe me...I was so livid I had to restrain myself on the phone call. I would have taken it back asap but had other things going on.

It is very sad to think that someone could recklessly or carelessly treat someone's car like that and not realize or care. I have stared at these scratches for hours now...

I wont bash the place yet - going to see what their response/approach is going to be. However, this much I know - I am not going to end up with FOUR scratched rims w/o some form of recompense.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I've had my RX-8 R3 BBS forged factory wheels damaged by the tire guy. He took a screw driver just ran across the inside of the wheel to take the weights off. These are $1000 wheels, who the fuck takes metal screw driver to scrap off the weights? The dealer fixed all four for me.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The tire shop trashed screwed up my wheels a couple months ago. I basically got my tires for free. They acted like you can barely see the scratches so they didn't see it as a problem.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My dealer put a huge gouge in my front right during an alignment - they denied they did it but stepped to the plate and had it repaired at their cost. A while back, I had a set of four BBSs destroyed by a Tire Rack recommended shop that assured me they could do 18" alloys without so much as a scratch.
You just can't win with these shops anymore.
BINGO! Sad, but very true. :mad:

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Discount tire basically destroyed two lugnuts when they replaced my tire by over torquing them with impact tools. They were a bitch to get off when I replaced my rims. Needless to say, if I have any future tire work need to be done, I'll just bring the tires to them and mount them on the car myself.

Most shops don't care and will just torque with impact tools.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I feel for you. Bought a set of real nice tsw rims for my mazda cx-5. Only to find one on the rims damaged after the install. They did replace it at no charge. Bought a set of Forgestar rims for my Stang. Had another rim damaged after the install..kind of wonder in the national shop damaged both rims?

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I've had this happen on other cars. Now the only place I let to swap tires on my cars is the local wheel repair place who refinished the wheels for me.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
The manager at Discount Tire thinks I am insane but I take pictures of the wheels after I pull the car into the shop bay. I like the fact that the shop I use allows the customer to pull the car into the bay and then out of the bay. Before it leaves the bay we both inspect the wheels together. Well worth the little extra effort. Pisses the techs off but so be it!

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Discount tire basically destroyed two lugnuts when they replaced my tire by over torquing them with impact tools.

Most shops don't care and will just torque with impact tools.
Discount tire by me always hand torques my rims but when I replaced the tires on my Challenger SRT8 the tech working on the right side used a screw driver to remove the weights & scratched my rims. I didn't notice until I got home but they accepted responsibility and had my rims fixed.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I've had this happen on other cars. Now the only place I let to swap tires on my cars is the local wheel repair place who refinished the wheels for me.
Is that so they can take them right into the repair bay after bitching them up in the install bay? :p

Pwnisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I learned this lesson so long ago....like 10 years ago..everytime I get wheel work done on my car I take 4 pictures and I show them to the manager so he can see that they have no scratches...then if they mess them up I got proof, I also take 4 pictures when I pick them up before I even get in the car.. just in case I dont see the scratch I can always look at the picture...you could always just key the car of the people that work there...
Sponsored