Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
$450
There might be shops that'll do it cheaper, but hitech came with recommendations from people I know, they used proper 304 grade steel, and workmanship is excellent. Also, they welded it in rather than use clamps.
No drone?
Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
[MENTION=14293]G RUSH[/MENTION] I'll let you know if my catback drones or not. Reviews say it doesn't, but I shall update you on Tuesday. If it's a kind of sound you're after of course. Deep, no rasp.

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
No drone?
Hard to tell driving around Sydney traffic. Will know next time I take it on the motorway.
For now I'm happy with it.

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
This is what the SLP axle backs sound like with a H pipe....may go this way if I want louder but without the rasp.

Sponsored

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Resonator swap for an x-pipe with stock mufflers still in place.
Still sounds like a mustang, but less tame.
V8 rumble comes in much earlier in the rev range.
Sounds nice and deep, and then gets raspy in the upper rpm.
Not too loud, so not going to annoy the neighbours much.
Don't know what the drone is like as haven't been out on the motorway at constant speed yet.
Great work by Lambros and Nick at HiTech Mufflers in Sydney Australia.

djneli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT
Has anyone tried the xforce cat back with varex mufflers yet? Had an xforce on my old 2002 Sti and loved it.
I'm about 95% sure I'll go ahead and order a cat back X-Force Varex system in the next week or two. I've seen a few clips and this morning spoke to Peter from Townsville Mechanical Services about the one they just installed on their GT. Clip on Facebook sounds great and evidentially doesn't do it justice.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Leaning towards the Ford Racing by Borla Touring Catback.

CJ has it for around $1800, whereas American Muscle is $2500. Big difference. Both include shipping costs.

I don't mind the FR Touring, pretty sweet sound, not too raspy.

Thoughts?

Edit - I think that price could be US$.

Last edited:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Leaning towards the Ford Racing by Borla Touring Catback.

CJ has it for around $1800, whereas American Muscle is $2500. Big difference. Both include shipping costs.

I don't mind the FR Touring, pretty sweet sound, not too raspy.

Thoughts?

Edit - I think that price could be US$.
Give Beefcake a pm, at Team Beefcake Racing for a quote as well. I have been more than happy with his prices and service.

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Thanks Bob I'll send them a PM.

By the way, are you modifying your exhaust? If so, if you don't mind what have you decided?

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Thanks Bob I'll send them a PM.

By the way, are you modifying your exhaust? If so, if you don't mind what have you decided?
I have a Borla s type catback with black tips ready to go.....hopefully I get the car next week and will be fitting it as soon as I get it home from the dealer.
I appreciate how difficult it is to choose something that you cant hear in person at this stage...to be honest I like all the stuff that is available..they all seem unique in their own way yet all are similar as well as they are driven by the same noise source and have mufflers at the end of the system...it's a coin toss, based for me on the maximum possible noise, minimum police attention, minimum drone and a reputable brand. The only fear I have at the moment is that it may be too quiet....if it is, I will buy a set of Borla Atak mufflers and sell the s types as axle backs.

Cj42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp orange 2015 GT
I'm about 95% sure I'll go ahead and order a cat back X-Force Varex system in the next week or two. I've seen a few clips and this morning spoke to Peter from Townsville Mechanical Services about the one they just installed on their GT. Clip on Facebook sounds great and evidentially doesn't do it justice.
Awesome can you point me to some clips? Ones I've seen had the headers all the way through!

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
I'm hearing exhaust systems and other goodies will soon be available and fitted at Australian authorised Ford dealers. I'm in two minds at the moment, order from the US or wait and get it fitted at a dealer and not void my warranty.

My mind says the latter.
Sponsored