Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
The FRPP Sport and the Borla S-Type are comparable, ... but really the Corsa extreme, is on a different level. Its much louder, and therefore less restrictive, and (to some) sounds alot 'better' for the same reason.

I too had a decision to make between the Borla S-Type and the Ford Racing - Sport. I ended up going with the Ford Racing - Sport, for a couple reasons.... I like the idle tone / depth a little more than the Borla. I also like that its a touch quieter.... even if its only by a fraction. (keeping in mind they are both reasonably loud exhausts.)

But the Corsa Extreme is not something I would expect to be able to drive on Australian streets and be left alone for very long.

A more comparable exhaust to the Ford racing and the Borla S-Type would be the Corsa - Sport.

Part of what swayed me towards the Ford Racing - Sport.

I have watched that youtube video heaps....loved the sound it makes when turns at the further end and comes back.....the fact that the borla s is a bit louder without being as loud as the atak or the extreme is what sold me on the borla s type....it will be fitted in a few weeks now that the car is finally in Aus..
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Borla/FRPP, Corsa and Magnaflow seem to be the pick among most Aussie's :D
Yeah but I like your choice and think American racing pure thunder could be the go. Keen to get your view once fitted

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the Ford Racing Sport for those reasons.

Borla and Corsa based on the hours of reading I've done are the best brands for a perceived 'lack of drone' - which I am all for.

Have you ordered your Ford Racing Sport exhaust yet? I'm thinking catback with black tips but haven't worked out a supplier/site to order from.
Pardon my ignorance if it has already been posted:

Here is a link to Best Exhaust, authorized Borla distributor/dealer for Australia: http://www.bestexhaust.com.au
They are in Canbera. The service is good. I spoke to Tim if they can organize Ford Racing Sports Exhaust, since it is also made by Borla and here is the Reply:

" Yes we can do the USA emissions approved model for $5620 delivered or the EEC emissions approved model for $6620 delivered. :(
I would need to have it shipped from the USA.

Alternatively, a Borla aftermarket system will set you back a little over $2000 delivered :D

http://www.bestexhaust.com.au/store/gt-c-78_90_215_2262_2087.html

I'm not sure of the value proposition of the system with a Ford badge on it, given it's designed and manufactured by Borla anyway."

The response was quick and I got most of the answers regarding Borla.

Now for the Corsa and Roush mufflers I found this other dealer very reasonably priced, or I would say the best price in Australia.

CAR MODS AUSTRALIA.

Based in QLD Southport, very close to the Ford Dealership itself.

[ame]

http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/

They have All Corsa Mufflers, MBRP and Roush.
I find it very relaxing now knowing I don't have to buy these from America and organize postage, shipping, customs, GST etc.
and can possibly see the item before buying it, if they have it in stock.

Me personally still torn between the following options though: :crazy:

a) MRT H pipe + Roush Axleback or Borla S type Axleback - possibly cheapest and best sounding
b) Roush Active QUAD tip + Ford Racing X pipe and GT350 style Valance/Diffuser (most expensive choice though) - Roush Valance need more work during installation and does not look as good as GT350 style
c)Ford Racing Sport Cat back with GT350 Valance - still expensive and not active exhaust
d) Corsa Catback EXTREME or SPORT

Once decided, I might be able to buy most of these locally except Valance and Ford Racing.

I tried to call them today to get some more information about stock or if they have some installation facility as well, but looks like they were very busy... will try again tomorrow and keep you all posted if something worth sharing comes up.

Cheers

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have you ordered your Ford Racing Sport exhaust yet? I'm thinking catback with black tips but haven't worked out a supplier/site to order from.

Yes, I ordered mine probably 4 months ago, so I now have the largest paperweight I could ask for at the moment.

I ordered the Ford Racing Sport, Catback, with black tips. I just need the car to put it on :shrug:

At the time, Hypermotive offered me the best deal, keep in mind that since then the dollar has dropped quite a bit.

" Yes we can do the USA emissions approved model for $5620 delivered or the EEC emissions approved model for $6620 delivered. :(
I would need to have it shipped from the USA.
$5k + for a catback? :crazy:

I can tell you now, I paid nothing near that. Including shipping from the USA

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Just thought I would pipe up so to speak.I love my Magnaflow Comp Axleback.Just back from Melb, 5k on the clock. At 115/120 kph windows up it is quiet.Windows down - nice. 3500-6500rpm absolutely gorgeous.Nothing deeper in tone than Magnaflow. The secret is keep the factory suitcase for the deepest note.No Rasp.
Hi Phil,

I think you hit the nail on the head about keeping the factory suitcase with the Magnaflow comp. I am so glad to hear that on a long trip you were happy with the sound at highway speed. I did a trip up to Oberon on the weekend, cruising up and down the hills at 100ish kph the cabin noise became really annoying after a while. Then I got out onto some back roads, and under "spirited" driving conditions in the twistys the sound is glorious and I fall in love with it all over again, :love: Just as much as I love hearing it on the roads I drive to work and back each day, until the next long trip at highway speeds comes along.:(

Yours sounded pretty good as an axle back and in hindsight I should have gone that way instead of the Catback I think.
I am considering two options at the moment.

Remove the Magnaflow x pipe and put the factory suitcase back in leaving the rest of the magnaflow system as essentially an axle back.

Find out if it is possible to just change the comp mufflers to street ones and leave the rest as it is.

Putting the factory suitcase back in is the cheapest option, just need to step up the pipes on the outlet of the suitcase to 3" and join up to the rest of the system, so that will probably be the way to go.

Hey Mr MagnaFlow, in case I decide to try changing the mufflers from comp to street, can I buy just the street mufflers by themselves, and if so will they bolt up to the existing cat back system that uses the comp mufflers? Or do I need to also change the rest of the pipe work? I imagine you would try to keep the rest of the pipes the same if it was possible?

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Haha so funny how many of us have exhausts sitting in garages with no cars....it's like a token purchase to keep you going and to help the days go by. I now have my dealer ring me when ever a mustang arrives to get delivered I shoot down just to see one again lol....saw a nice ruby Red getting ready for its lucky new owner.

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey Mr MagnaFlow, in case I decide to try changing the mufflers from comp to street, can I buy just the street mufflers by themselves, and if so will they bolt up to the existing cat back system that uses the comp mufflers? Or do I need to also change the rest of the pipe work? I imagine you would try to keep the rest of the pipes the same if it was possible?
I asked this of the Australian distributor and the answer was no. Apparently you cant get the Street in axle-back only.

breaker91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Had my corsa xtreme fitted yesterday. First impressions are that it's probably the angriest sounding catback exhaust I've ever heard. I honestly don't think it is that loud but my other cars have been very loud. On idle it's not an awful lot louder than stock. Had some very favourable reviews from others outside the car. It's a good choice if your still looking for a catback that's a bit different in tone and sound.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Had my corsa xtreme fitted yesterday. First impressions are that it's probably the angriest sounding catback exhaust I've ever heard. I honestly don't think it is that loud but my other cars have been very loud. On idle it's not an awful lot louder than stock. Had some very favourable reviews from others outside the car. It's a good choice if your still looking for a catback that's a bit different in tone and sound.
What state are you based in? I would love to hear the exhaust in person

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

breaker91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Haha no problem! Are you going to cars and coffee this month (12th March)? I'm going to try and make it down.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
At this time the muffler/rear piping section of the Street and Competition catbacks are not available separately. If the exhaust is currently too loud for your taste, adding a resonator would be the best option to quiet it down.

We have had customers add one of our 5x8 resonated X pipes to the existing X section of the catback with good results. This will keep the nice polished appearance of the system and still weigh less than the stock suitcase.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Haha no problem! Are you going to cars and coffee this month (12th March)? I'm going to try and make it down.
Yeh I might come down!! I'll try and organise something on the Victorian thread

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same! Would love to hear it.

Any more details on that cars and coffee meet?
Sponsored