Anyone put Headers on their Mach 1 yet?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
As far as I know they all are made from the same stainless and thickness gauge. If Kooks were 14 Ga it would be worth the extra cost just for the reduction in noise.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wonder why they don’t sell the mid pipes to fit properly? That sounds like a hassle and a half.
Well, for starters this catback is for a GT500 and not a Mach 1. With stock headers you can use adapters and they work fine but if you do the 3" connect pipes, you'll likely have to cut them.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So now I have a new problem. I didn't realize the Switchfire on the GT500 Borla ATAK system is only 2.75". It's not 3" like Borla says the system is. This would explain why the GT500 OEM clamps are re-used and work fine because that exhaust system is 2.75" stock. My next step is to use some reducers from 3" to 2.75" to get rid of any exhaust leak.

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
So now I have a new problem. I didn't realize the Switchfire on the GT500 Borla ATAK system is only 2.75". It's not 3" like Borla says the system is. This would explain why the GT500 OEM clamps are re-used and work fine because that exhaust system is 2.75" stock. My next step is to use some reducers from 3" to 2.75" to get rid of any exhaust leak.
Also found this out 2 days ago when I dropped my car off at a different shop to have the connection pipes trimmed and cat-back reinstalled. They expanded and got all the pipes to fit, so i’m satisfied. Only issue for me now is I hear a metal on metal rattle that is coming from behind the passenger side dashboard. Assuming this is the headers making contact with something near the A/C line. Also had my check engine light come on last night so might need to replace the o2 extensions

Sponsored

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
How many hours on the headers install?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Also found this out 2 days ago when I dropped my car off at a different shop to have the connection pipes trimmed and cat-back reinstalled. They expanded and got all the pipes to fit, so i’m satisfied. Only issue for me now is I hear a metal on metal rattle that is coming from behind the passenger side dashboard. Assuming this is the headers making contact with something near the A/C line. Also had my check engine light come on last night so might need to replace the o2 extensions
Are you running spacers on the rear O2's?

I am probably going to just take mine to a shop to expand the Switchfire pipes to 3" or close to it so the connect pipes fit.

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Are you running spacers on the rear O2's?

I am probably going to just take mine to a shop to expand the Switchfire pipes to 3" or close to it so the connect pipes fit.
I gave the shop spacers to put on so I assume they’re on there. Gonna have scan it and see the code and get under the car to find out

Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Mine go on this Wednesday. Expect plenty of videos!
Are you doing the install yourself? I get back to frozen Ohio Dec 8th and mine should be delivered shortly there after. I hate other people working on my vehicles so I'm gonna do it myself. I got the 1 7/8" Green catted non coated version. I wondering if I'll need a tune asap? I hope not that's why I got the green catted mid. I plan to go with an E-85 tune eventually. Will running them on the factory tune be harmful I wonder?

OP
OP
comptech87

comptech87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green
Are you doing the install yourself? I get back to frozen Ohio Dec 8th and mine should be delivered shortly there after. I hate other people working on my vehicles so I'm gonna do it myself. I got the 1 7/8" Green catted non coated version. I wondering if I'll need a tune asap? I hope not that's why I got the green catted mid. I plan to go with an E-85 tune eventually. Will running them on the factory tune be harmful I wonder?
I have a shop by me doing the install that I trust. You can run without a tune since you got the green cats. Long term idk how bad that would be though.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Same here... kooks, green cats, performance connect to borla attack w/active....

JLT CAI w/tune

depending on day (weather conditions) 478 - 482 rwhp
Sponsored