Sponsored

Anyone install this Steeda IRS Differential Support Brackets? Thoughts & views....

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have this and there are no cons to running this part at all. The only thing that wasn’t listed in the instructions was the torque specs for the bolts with the angled washers on either side of the Steeda emblem. I torqued mine to 20 ft-lbs, but Steeda said I could have gone as high as 30 ft-lbs if I wanted to.

Aside from that, I did have to enlarge the two lower holes on that same part of the brace to get it to fit over one of the diff bolts. Really all that was needed was to enlarge one hole, but I wanted everything to be uniform, so I enlarged both using a step drill bit. I did speak with Steeda engineers about that and they told me that they hadn’t encountered that problem before. They were however, very appreciative of me coming up with a fix on my end.

Here’s a more detailed thread on that install, complete with the exact size that I had to enlarge the two holes to.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rough-bolts-and-bushings.147580/#post-3017858

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I have this and there are no cons to running this part at all. The only thing that wasn’t listed in the instructions was the torque specs for the bolts with the angled washers on either side of the Steeda emblem. I torqued mine to 20 ft-lbs, but Steeda said I could have gone as high as 30 ft-lbs if I wanted to.

Aside from that, I did have to enlarge the two lower holes on that same part of the brace to get it to fit over one of the diff bolts. Really all that was needed was to enlarge one hole, but I wanted everything to be uniform, so I enlarged both using a step drill bit. I did speak with Steeda engineers about that and they told me that they hadn’t encountered that problem before. They were however, very appreciative of me coming up with a fix on my end.

Here’s a more detailed thread on that install, complete with the exact size that I had to enlarge the two holes to.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rough-bolts-and-bushings.147580/#post-3017858
Thanks for the reply & link and 411, appreciate it!! =) Ohhhhh ok on TQ specs. Did you opt for the more expensive bolts package they offer? How is the NVH??

Thanks again, Anthony

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the reply & link and 411, appreciate it!! =) Ohhhhh ok on TQ specs. Did you opt for the more expensive bolts package they offer? How is the NVH??

Thanks again, Anthony
You’re welcome. Yes, I did buy their through bolt kit. NVH is very low on my car (about a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1-10) and that’s with all of Steeda’s rear suspension components (minus shocks and springs).
Sponsored