Sponsored

Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Brace - Install + Review

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is an A10. I will probably notice an even bigger difference back on a prepped surface where wheel spin is not as much of an issue as it is on the street and wheel hop is with the torsen constantly shifting power side to side. I still spin 1st (on the street)but now when shifting to second, I don't have the violent shutter from the rear.

I could have found worse ways to spend $275 on the car, that's for sure.
Come to think of it I do notice the shutter from 1st to 2nd when flooring it.
Now thatā€™s a benefit if it smoothed this out.
I just donā€™t want to mess with the mangnaride tune that ford performance has on the Mach, but maybe this brace doesnā€™t really effect that?
I did the whole enchilada, Steeda shocks, springs, subframe, shock mounts on my 15 and it was great but introduced a lot of issues with noises that annoyed me.
I bought the Mach 1 so I didnā€™t have to do all that.
Mods are always enticing though ! Lol
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I mean... it's a brace, it adds stiffness to the chassis, which would improve overall feel and handling in all scenarios. Now, whether you notice it or not is an open question. What problem are you looking to solve? Don't just throw random parts at your car for no reason, or don't listen to me and do it anyways, it's your choice )))

I will be adding these braces along with diff bushing insert kit and subframe bushing supports, maybe also subframe alignment kit while I'm there (I have GT with magride). I kinda have a good idea why I'm doing this - I want to address rear end wobbliness in specific performance applications, and prevent diff bushings from failing prematurely. I couldn't care less about wheel hop despite it being supercharged, and I don't think I would worry about all that stuff for street use scenarios. So, my point is - think about why you think you might need it in first place and go from there.
Good advice tosha. Donā€™t fix it if you donā€™t think itā€™s broke!
I just have a thing for minor mods that make my car slightly better without any negative

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Come to think of it I do notice the shutter from 1st to 2nd when flooring it.
Now thatā€™s a benefit if it smoothed this out.
I just donā€™t want to mess with the mangnaride tune that ford performance has on the Mach, but maybe this brace doesnā€™t really effect that?
I did the whole enchilada, Steeda shocks, springs, subframe, shock mounts on my 15 and it was great but introduced a lot of issues with noises that annoyed me.
I bought the Mach 1 so I didnā€™t have to do all that.
Mods are always enticing though ! Lol
Yout thoughts about not wanting to mess with the Mach is why I decided just to do the braces. My buddy continues to question why I didn't go full stop the hop and I told him the only issue I have is with wheel hop. Everything else is superb on the car. I did not want to start messing with everything, springs lowering the car new toe link (I mean it already has the gt500) the brace solved 99% of my wheel hop issue. And I'm sure a drag radial would solve anything else I may experience at stock HP levels.

Goodluck with your decision and if you choose to move forward you can always undo these very easily.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I just have a thing for minor mods that make my car slightly better without any negative
I get it, I have the same bug šŸ˜„ . I did bunch of other suspension mods before I've gotten to a point when I need to fix IRS. And it comes after 2 seasons of track driving, when I finally feel that the time has come to fix certain things there.

For the street-only, I honestly don't see any real need to do much even if you have a GT PP with MR, let alone mach 1 chassis. Unless you know exactly what you want to improve and why :wink:

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
Installed these about 6-months ago. Immediately after install I took the car out, let her warm up, then did a hard street launch. Instant hook, and then a huge thud on the 1-2 upshift. Went home and checked everything out - all there and tight. It never did it again. Must have been something lining up.

Install was easy and it all lined up. The rear now feels part of the car! Highly recommend these.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yout thoughts about not wanting to mess with the Mach is why I decided just to do the braces. My buddy continues to question why I didn't go full stop the hop and I told him the only issue I have is with wheel hop. Everything else is superb on the car. I did not want to start messing with everything, springs lowering the car new toe link (I mean it already has the gt500) the brace solved 99% of my wheel hop issue. And I'm sure a drag radial would solve anything else I may experience at stock HP levels.

Goodluck with your decision and if you choose to move forward you can always undo these very easily.
@2022 Mach 1 did you also do the Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit? Or just the braces? Similar to you, I have no desire to lower the car. Mine is a road car, I want some clearance. Appreciate your thoughts.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hello Spiller,

They use the same holes so they cannot be used in conjunction with each other.

The braces are just one piece of the puzzle to help eliminate wheel hop & to help strengthen the rear end, we also recommend this kit: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

Those parts working together with the Steeda https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

To answer your question above regarding the difference & how ours differ is ... our kit utilizes all 4 factory mounting locations, which completely restricts shifting or rotation.

The complete package above provides a precision fit, will align & hold the subframe in place, in all 4 mounting locations.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]rRscwZhEsa0[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=fi1-r55Yvgk;t=23[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ
I've had this set up for a few years... it makes a night and day difference.... high noon vs. midnight. I've done many other suspension mods courtesy of steeda, but will stay on the subframe brace topic for now.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
@2022 Mach 1 did you also do the Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit? Or just the braces? Similar to you, I have no desire to lower the car. Mine is a road car, I want some clearance. Appreciate your thoughts.
I went with the braces only. I know a lot of people who lowered their car or convertibles have had success with the alignment kit but I was not as concerned at this point since I am keeping the stock tire height and suspension geometry.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I bought a Toyota Tacoma pickup in 2001 and drove it for 15 years before changing to Bilstein shocks. For 15 years, it road like shit. When I put those on it completely changed the truck and made it much better. My dumb ass just didn't know that was the problem for 15 years was a couple hundred bucks and 2 hours of work.

Sometimes your just don't know that it sucks until you fix it.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the braces only. I know a lot of people who lowered their car or convertibles have had success with the alignment kit but I was not as concerned at this point since I am keeping the stock tire height and suspension geometry.
Hey Cameron, did you notice any difference?

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Cameron, did you notice any difference?
Sorry, you already answered this question weeks ago.
I'm just revisiting the braces idea now that I have a tune on my Mach 1. It wants to burn out through the first 3 gears when I give er the beans! lol

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, you already answered this question weeks ago.
I'm just revisiting the braces idea now that I have a tune on my Mach 1. It wants to burn out through the first 3 gears when I give er the beans! lol
No problem. I can still burn out but I don't get the wild wheel hop that feels like the car is gonna break am axel. The rear is more planted and firm upon a heavy acceleration

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
No problem. I can still burn out but I don't get the wild wheel hop that feels like the car is gonna break am axel. The rear is more planted and firm upon a heavy acceleration
Cool, I think I'm going to invest in these. Other than weight I don't see any negatives

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
Cool, I think I'm going to invest in these. Other than weight I don't see any negatives
The additional traction will make up for the minimal weight added. Hell I could stand to lose 12lbs and then it's an equal exchange. šŸ˜† šŸ¤£

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes your just don't know that it sucks until you fix it.
my F150 got the Bilstein transplant within 3000 miles off the dealer lot. First rule - like factory tires, factory suspension is with some small exceptions, garbage.

I don't even have 500 miles on the Challenger and I gave BMR $1000 to anchor the damn rear of the car!
Sponsored